Your San Juan Stay
As most of you know, my wife and I reside here in Puerto Rico. We do not live in San Juan, but we are somewhat close.
Many travelers and tourists choose San Juan as a destination. There is many attractions all throughout the city.
We love this enchanted paradise so much, we just want all of you to come visit.
Maggie and I worked together and self-published a bilingual book on San Juan. You can see and order a copy below.
Since we live here, we don't stay in Hotels. I did do some research and I wanted to give you the top rated establishments in San Juan. Below, we will go through the top 5 ratings through Booking.com.
At the very bottom will be a map showing you the location of all five establishments.
Before we give you the top rated sleeping locations in San Juan, here are a few pictures we have taken of this great city.
All used courtesy of Casa CastellanaClick thumbnail to view full-size
Bed and Breakfast Service
Casa Castellana Bed&Breakfast Inn #1
With the highest of ratings, this inn is in the Condado subdivision of San Juan. It was originally a Spanish colonial home that has been owned by some prominent individuals in Puerto Rican history.
In 2009, David and Natalia Richards bought and renovated this beautiful home and started the bed and breakfast which has become a hit with tourists.
The owner cooks a healthy breakfast for guests daily.
All these amenities come with your stay at Casa Castellana:
- FREE Deluxe Breakfast served with fresh orange juice, spanish cold cuts, various cheeses, salmon and gourmet coffee from Hacienda Patricia.
- FREE Wi-Fi access!
- FREE Guaranteed Parking.
- FREE Concierge Service.
- FREE Coffee, Tea, and Snacks.
- FREE Housekeeping every day.
- FREE Access to washer and dryer.
- FREE Use of PC LAPTOP.
Just visit their website and make your reservation. Some of the pictures of this wonderful retreat are at the right.
All used courtesy of La TerrazaClick thumbnail to view full-size
La Terraza de San Juan
Located right in the heart of Old San Juan, you will feel the old world charm and delight staying in 19th century colonial terrace Hotel.
The view offers a look at San Juan Bay, or Old San Juan itself.
you will be in walking distance of museums, the forts and much,much more.
La Terraza offers all of these services:
- 24-Hour Front Desk service
- Grocery purchase and delivery
- 24-Hour parking at an offsite garage
- Airport-hotel-airport transfers
- Coordination of tours to the entire island
- Yoga and Surfing Classes
- Guided Surfing Safaris
- Scuba trips
- Beautician available for house calls
- Playpen for babies and two toddler beds
Take a look at the pictures and visit the website to book your stay.
All used courtesy of El ConventoClick thumbnail to view full-size
Hotel El Convento
The architecture of this stay is 350 years old.
You will stay in beautiful Old San Juan and will be treated as if you were Christopher Columbus.
Just recently, Maggie's son and daughter-in-law won a photography contest in which Pepsi Cola gave them a weekend stay in this world class hotel. I think they are still walking on Cloud 9.
Just take a look at the photographs at the right.
Your stay at El Convento includes all of this:
- Daily Manager's Reception, serving a variety of wine and hors d'ouevres at La Veranda Terrace
- Plunge pool and Jacuzzi, offering breathtaking views of the San Juan Bay
- Fitness center, with free weights, treadmill, and stair climber, offering guests unlimited use
- Three diverse restaurants, serving cuisine ranging from Spanish tapas to traditional Puerto Rican fare
- Veranda Terrace with access to our business center
- 24-hour Valet parking, across the hotel for your convenience
- El Convento Beach Club, featuring beach and pool privileges at our sister properties, located on two of the best beaches in Puerto Rico
- Seven versatile meeting rooms, creating an intimate ambiance for 10 to 300 guests
- Complimentary WIFI access in room and all public areas.
- Coin operated laundry; equiped with washer, dryer and soap dispenser.
- Herb Garden with fresh herbs and fruit, used in delicious cocktails at the bar and in signature dishes
All used courtesy of Double Tree by HiltonClick thumbnail to view full-size
- Condado Hotel San Juan | Doubletree by Hilton San Juan | Puerto Rico
From the moment you enter the lobby of the Doubletree by Hilton San Juan the comfort you expect from the Hilton name is what set us apart from other hotels in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Double Tree by Hilton
It has the Hilton signature, it must be a great Hotel.
The Double Tree is located in the famous Condado district. It offers a world class stay allowing you to be comfortable after you zig and zag your way through the sights all throughout San Juan.
You can relax on the beach, near the pool, in the jacuzzi, or just sit back in your comfortable room.
The Double Tree has all these amenities and more:
- Complimentary high-speed DSL and Wi-Fi Internet through out the entire hotel
- Complimentary 24-hour state-of-the-art Precor® fitness center with cardio equipment equipped with personal TV screens, courtesy towels, and water.
- Complimentary 24-hour Business Center with Internet, printing, copies, and fax services
- Three world-class restaurants, in-room dining
- Relaxing Pool and Jacuzzi facilities
- Beach Club Program for access to all hotel and beach facilities at our sister resorts
- Beach Kit with Beach Chair, Towel, and Cooler for easy beach enjoyment
- Guest laundry
- Lily's Chocolatier Gift Shop
- Self-Parking and Valet Parking
- Blue Ray/DVD Player and movies available upon request
Take a look at the photos and visit the link to get your reservation. If you message Maggie and me, maybe we will come autograph that book you bought.
- Villa Herencia Hotel in Old San Juan Puerto Rico Bed and Breakfast close to near
Beautiful Historic Hotel in Old San Juan Puerto Rico. Villa Herencia is an Affordable Bed and Breakfast near San Juan Small Inn
Villa Herencia Hotel
This wonderful structure is just walking steps from the Old San Juan Gate. It was built in 1885 and was a home for nuns who came to Puerto Rico.
Now a Bed and Breakfast, it rounds out the list of great staying places in San Juan.
Now do not worry, this Hotel does not have elevators...Did they make those in 1885? Hotel staff will carry your baggage to your room and make sure you make it up safely too.
You will just love the cobblestone streets taking you to the entrance to your Hotel.
Your stay includes these amenities:
- Total number of rooms - 8
- Number of floors - 2
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 2
Here is a Youtube video that Villa Herencia put together. Visit their website and visit San Juan.
Have you started searching for tickets yet?
I know your mouth is watering to come to Puerto Rico.
Just so you know, all of these Hotels are getting a free promotion with this hub; none have paid me anything.
Maybe they can sell our books at the Hotels?
We look forward to hearing your comments here after you stay in one of these beautiful Hotels.
With that, I believe it is time for me to go to sleep. There sure is a beautiful Puerto Rico moon tonight!
© 2014 Greg Boudonck
More by this Author
A look at how the United States is moving very close to being a Socialist Country. Read on...
Children are our future and there are freaks killing them. Lets catch these evil beings and send them all to hell.
This hub describes the different political parties and their views. Written before the last Presidential election, it still gives people insight. Updated now for the most current Presidential election