Great question, Gerg. So, you'll be there for five days - I've got 5 ways for you to enjoy New York City. Take it from a born & bred New Yorker, the best places to go in the New York City area in May are:
1. Central Park - a great place to get fresh air, enjoy the scenery, and get away from it all. You can rent a row boat for yourself (or even a remote control boat to skim the pond), enjoy all of the statues, and visit the Central Park Zoo. Top it off with a soda & a Sabrette hot dog from a street vendor and you'll be a happy camper.
2. Take in a Broadway show. It's perfect any time of year whether you're a single traveler or with a family, it doesn't matter. "Give my regards to Broadway..."
3. Check out Rockefeller Center. The sunken plaza is beautiful and is a great outdoor cafe during warm weather.
4. Go to the Empire State Building - all the way to the top and get a 360 degree view of the entire city. This is great to do during warmer months because the wind can really whip around up there!
5. Take the ferry to Ellis Island and see the Statue of Liberty. You'll love the boat trip and of course the views from Ellis Island.
Enjoy your trip!