pagesvoice profile image 84

In the U.S. what state do you find you love most and why?

I love New York because of the 4 seasons, the lakes, streams, rivers, rolling hills, farms, valleys, gorges, waterfalls, wineries and the fact it has almost every country compacted into one state. Although I have visited almost all of the continental states, I am biased when it comes to my loyalty to the Empire State.

Best Answer Paula (fpherj48) says

• pagesvoice profile image

Dennis L. Page (pagesvoice) 4 years ago

It is frustrating when we are automatically linked to NYC. New York State is 47,126.40 square miles compared to NYC which is only 302.64 square miles. While our winter months may be challenging, it is all just part of what makes us a hardy lot.

INFJay profile image84

Jay Manriquez (INFJay) says

• pagesvoice profile image

Dennis L. Page (pagesvoice) 4 years ago

Having visited California on several occasions I understand why you love your state. Scenic views do offer a person a sense of serenity. I froze when I drove from Glendale to S.F. in August one year. Brrr

KevinTimothy profile image89

Kevin J Timothy (KevinTimothy) says

• pagesvoice profile image

Dennis L. Page (pagesvoice) 4 years ago

You make a good point Kevin regarding not much chatter about Maryland. The Baltimore Inner Harbor is exquisite and many who work in D.C. and Arlington commute back to MD.

• pagesvoice profile image

Dennis L. Page (pagesvoice) 4 years ago

You certainly did pick some great spots and states. I love the water, so that is always a factor for me, but I also treasure the 4 seasons and the beauty each one holds.

• pagesvoice profile image

Dennis L. Page (pagesvoice) 4 years ago

I've only been to the Panhandle of Texas but never farther south. Michigan's Great Lake shoreline is magnificent and I agree West Virginia is a very scenic state to visit, although I have never camped there.

smithed profile image82

smithed says

• pagesvoice profile image

Dennis L. Page (pagesvoice) 4 years ago

I've never been to the Keys, although I have visited Orlando, Cape Kennedy, Daytona and my favorite Florida city St. Augustine. I love the history and narrow streets and simply put, the festive atmosphere it offers. Humidity kills me though.

LaThing profile image81

LaThing says

• pagesvoice profile image

Dennis L. Page (pagesvoice) 4 years ago

Ithaca, the Finger Lakes, the St. Lawrence Seaway, the Thousand Islands, the Adirondack Mountains and Niagara Falls are all high on my list of favorites. In Connecticut, I like Mystic and Foxwoods Casino.

umeraziz profile image59

umeraziz says