Conservative Lady profile image 84

Please share your Pros and Cons of moving to Texas?

My husband and I are considering moving to Texas in a couple of years. We live in Washington state right now and the winters are getting old. We are looking for better weather and a safe environment to raise our daughter. If you know much about Texas - please share. Thank you

Georgie Lowery profile image94

Georgianna Lowery (Georgie Lowery) says

• Conservative Lady profile image

Sheila (Conservative Lady) 3 years ago

Thank you Georgie that is very helpful information - I think I would miss trees but the warm weather would be great as long as it wasn't 100 degrees every day.

Amber Vyn profile image61

Amber Vyn says

• Conservative Lady profile image

Sheila (Conservative Lady) 3 years ago

Fort Worth sounds like it is definitely worth looking in to. We are planning a trip this fall and have narrowed our location down to that area. Thank you for your informative answer Amber Vyn!

JimTxMiller profile image77

Jim Miller (JimTxMiller) says

• Conservative Lady profile image

Sheila (Conservative Lady) 3 years ago

Thank you Jim, I am concerned about "hellish heat" I wonder if there is any place in Texas with livable temperatures? 80-90 is fine by me but 95-100+ I don't know how fun that would be. RED states suit me just fine so that will be a plus for us.

• Conservative Lady profile image

Sheila (Conservative Lady) 3 years ago

Thank you iburmaster, lots to consider, We have family in Fort Worth so we were thinking maybe the suburbs of that area. We have had terrible winters the last 3 out of 4 and after 30 years here we thought it was time to consider something new.