I will surely be writing a hub about Pakistan soon. Baltoro Glacier is listed as one of the most beautiful destinations of the world for adventure travellers and is on my list.
If one watches the DVD of Globe Trekker’s Pakistan, one will find out that this country with undiscovered touristic treasures, can make an excellent destination for the following activities:
1. Mountaineering and trekking in the mountain ranges of northern areas. I mean a trek to the base of K2 in itself will be rewarding with 3 great glaciers in the vicinity.
2. Observing flora and fauna in the 18 national parks, lakes of international importance, and wildlife sanctuaries. most of the national parks are easily accessible from major cities.
3. Studying archaeological finds of Indus Valley Civilization, Gandhara Civilization, and early Muslim period
4. Observing culture ' weddings, farming, arts and crafts, and indigenous sports
5. Observing Mughal, Islamic, British and modern architecture.
I would refer you to the following article written by an Indian-American on the beauty of the country that gets over-shadowed by international media's deliberate attempt to paint that country in the dark.:
Eye Opener: An Indian-American Visits Pakistan