Instructions on How to Use Chopsticks in Countries of the Orient
Most of us use knives and forks to eat our food. But chopsticks are also becoming increasingly popular. There are many countries in the Orient that use chopsticks to handle their food. Chopsticks can be easy to use after some practice but only small mouth sized pieces of food can be taken using the utensil. Eating large pieces of steak or fish is not feasible using chopsticks.
Did you know that chopsticks have been in use long before spoons and knives came into the picture?
Eating with chopsticks also ensure that you take time out to enjoy your food by taking in small portions.
Did you know that there are some table manners you need to keep in mind while using chopsticks? This is absolutely necessary in case you are planning to visit some orient countries. This page reveals more about chopsticks etiquette in some popular orient countries along with other chopsticks information, links and details.
Take a Moment to Vote Please!
Do you know how to use chopsticks?See results without voting
How to Use Chopsticks - Step by Step Instructions
How to Use Chopsticks Video Tutorial
Buy Bestselling Personalized Chopsticks
The best personalized chopsticks on Amazon which you have to try out. Makes a perfect gift for someone who is into oriental items. They look very neat which is why they would also make a very good decor item!
Chopsticks Etiquette in Hong Kong
- The first person to hold the chopsticks in a family is usually the eldest. Alternatively, the most respected individual seated during a meal is also allowed to hold the chopsticks first.
- If you haven't finished your meal yet, you are supposed to rest your chopsticks on the stand provided. Resting them inside your bowl or on your plate signifies that you have finished your meal.
- Do not use your chopsticks backwards! This is considered as really bad table manners.
Buy Bestselling Bamboo Chopsticks
The best Bamboo chopsticks which you can try out! The Joyce Chen Burnished Bamboo chopstick set with holders not only serves its purpose of helping you out with your oriental food, but can also be made as part of your collectibles. The bamboo chopstick set comes with holders.
Chopsticks Etiquette in Taiwan
- Don't even think of resting your chopsticks in a standing position while you are in Taiwan. This symbolizes incense sticks used in funerals.
- It is considered bad table manners to chew on your chopsticks or put them in your mouth for a long time.
- Chopsticks should always be placed on the stand provided!
Buy Bestselling Chopsticks for Kids
Want to teach your kids how to hold chopsticks? You have to give the chopsticks which are meant for kids. There are a variety of chopsticks on Amazon which are suitable for kids but without a doubt this one is the best of the lot. They are easy to use and your kids will learn using chopsticks in no time using the set.
Chopsticks Etiquette in Japan
- Even if you just intend on stirring food, you need to use your chopsticks in their set of two's. They always need to be used together!
- You should always put your food on a bowl or plate first. This means that food shouldn't be eaten directly using chopsticks from the serving tray.
- Avoid resting your chopsticks in a V position. This is considered to be bad karma.
- Stop deciding on what food to eat with chopsticks in your mouth! This is considered as really bad table manners in Japan.
Buy Bestselling Japanese Chopsticks
These Japanese chopsticks not only serve its purpose of handling food but they are also great to look at -- with the scenery. They make a perfect gift for someone or can be even added to your set of collectibles.
More by this Author
On this page you will see some gorgeous looking Indian themed wedding cakes which you are sure to love!
Yummy kebabs along with their recipes.
Detailed instructions on how to cancel car or vehicle hypothecation at an RTO in India