Cool Trips for Women
Women's travel today
Women are exploring the world now more than ever, as many have the earning (or saving) power to take the trips they really want. These journeys into the world help us discover who we are and who we really want to be.
Trips for women help us become more competent, more independent, more tolerant, and yes, worldlier.
Of course, some trips further our growth in different ways than others. A trip to the slums in India will affect you quite differently than one to a spa in Aruba. But we can learn great things from ALL our journeys.
Throughout my life I've been lucky enough to travel to numerous locales. I've strolled through Tuscany's vineyards, backpacked in the Sierras, sailed in Croatia, climbed inside the great pyramid in Giza, and told jokes to London's Palace Guards (no reaction, as it should be!).
That all makes me lucky, though not complete. There are still many places that beckon, (Russia, Morocco, and Thailand, to name a few) and there always will be!
What would life be like without a list of places we want to go, and things we want to do?
So how to choose?
There are so many wonderful places to visit, it can make choosing a destination either difficult or fun, depending on your perspective. Rather than throwing darts at a map, it helps to separate the possibilities into categories that pique your interest such as adventure, spiritual, creative, humanitarian (volunteering), and/or educational, etc. If you're concerned about safety issues for women traveling solo, going with a tour group can ease this fear, and help you get out and explore. Each of these categories can then lead to a sizable collection of trips for women you can choose from!
Explore Sedona, Arizona
Types of trips for women
- Are you longing for some outdoor activity as an escape from the office? Adventure trips for women could be just what you need. You could be hiking in the Rockies, ziplining in Costa Rica, or snorkeling in the Caribbean. Sometimes getting out in nature, and getting some physical activity in the fresh air, is the best antidote to modern life.
- For instance, if your body is one big stress knot and your life feels like it's headed in the wrong direction, you may want to consider a spiritual vacation where you can rest and/or reinvent yourself. The spectacular scenery in Sedona, Arizona, which is also a Native American sacred site, can help transform your inner and outer self. Go alone or join one of the Sedona trips for women with a tour group, to experience Sedona's famous red rocks, Native American influences, and mind-altering vortexes. At the very least, you can lose yourself in the local cactus Margaritas!
- Need an outlet for your creativity? Then consider a writing or art retreat. You don't have to be a professional artist or writer to participate, just ready, willing and able to dive in and give it a go. Classes and retreats are taught in every state and even abroad, some with an emphasis on the local sights. Who knows, you may discover a hidden talent and a whole new career path!
- If you're looking to "give back" to your community or the world at large, you'll be welcomed with open arms by the folks that run volunteer vacations. Depending on your skills and interests, you can volunteer to teach basic math to students in rural Africa, help research scientists save endangered sea turtles in the Caribbean, build homes with Habitat for Humanity in your hometown, or dig for dinosaur bones in a National Park. The possibilities are vast. Volunteer vacations aren't free -- you will have to pay your own way. However, fees are usually low, as accommodations tend to be very basic. If roughing it isn't your style, this probably isn't for you!
- Always wanted to learn Italian, French, or Swahili? Then a language vacation (in Italy, France, etc.) where you can completely immerse yourself in the culture is the perfect way to jump-start your education.
- Likewise, you can spend a week sampling wine in Napa Valley, baking pastries in Provence, learning photography in picturesque Maine, or perfecting your golf game in sunny Arizona. If you have a hobby or interest, there's are probably specialized trips for women out there, waiting just for you.
So, why not take a moment or two to Google the "key words" that best describe your dream vacation. You may be pleasantly surprised to see where it takes you!
Read about Trips for Women
- Ireland Vacations: 6 Tips for a Great Trip to Ireland
- Six Travel Safety Tips for Women Traveling Solo
- Machu Picchu and Hiking the Inca Trail
- Getaways for Women Traveling Solo
- Mother-Daughter Getaways: What Mom Really Wants
- Why is Women-Only Travel So Popular?
- Hiking Guide for Women and Girls
- Women's Travel Clothes: Pack Smart, Look Good
- Travel Purses - Choosing a Good One
- Women Traveling Solo
- What to do in Sedona, Arizona
More by this Author
Do you know a woman who loves to travel? Whether globetrotting for business, or for the sheer joy of it, it can be difficult to find the perfect gift for someone on the move. Fear not! Here are 7 great travel gifts for...
True, it can be difficult to look your best when traveling. There are, however, packing tips and travel clothing mixes that can help you look and feel good while traveling.
How ever well you think you know Venice, Italy, you're in for a some surprises! One of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, it's still possible to escape the crowds in its narrow streets and hidden...