Discount Disney Tickets - Where to Get Discount Disney World Tickets
One of the biggest costs involved in visiting Walt Disney World is the price of admission to the parks. It's going to be a large part of the budget for your vacation, but there are definitely a few different ways to save money on this expense, especially if you are able to plan in advance.
You won't save a lot of money on discount Disney World tickets because they just aren't discounted all that much compared to other theme parks, but even if you can only save $20 on each multi-day pass, for a family of 5 that would add up to a $100 in savings.
Fortunately, there are a few special offers that Disney is running for their 2009 promotions that can save you quite a bit of money if you qualify.
Undercover Tourist has the best prices on Disney theme park tickets. Click here to check prices and order tickets - Free Shipping Included!
Find out More
- Disney World Military Discounts
Check here for details about Disney's 2009 Armed Forces Salute free tickets as well as all other military discounted tickets for Walt Disney World.
- Disney Birthday Free Tickets
Check here for full details on how to get free admission to Walt Disney World or Disneyland on your birthday in 2009.
Disney Birthday Tickets and the Armed Forces Salute
If you are travelling to Walt Disney World in 2009, Disney World is offering free admission on your birthday. So if you can plan your trip around at least one family member's birthday, that's a savings of about $75.00 right there.
There's even more savings if you or a family member is an active duty or retired member of the Armed Forces who served active duty between January 2008 and December 2009. For the active duty member, admission is free, plus he or she can buy up to five additional multi-day passes for companion. This ultimatley saves a family of five about $800. Quite remarkable.
Disney World Discount Tickets
For most of you planning visits to Walt Disney World, you probably won't be able to take advantage of the two special offers for 2009. You can still get some discounted tickets though, so don't worry.
The best deals on theme park passes for WDW are always available in advance, so if you are planning your trip well in advance of your visit, it pays to just go ahead and buy your tickets now. You will always save money over buying at the gate.
Here are my tips for getting the best prices on Disney World tickets
- How many days do you need? Multi-day tickets offer significant price savings over individual tickets, but you want to make sure you are not buying more days than you need. So think about how many days you will actually be at the park. You can always add additional days once you are there and you'll only have to pay the incremental difference in price. If you buy a ticket for four days and add a fifth, you'll only pay about $4.
- Skip the Park Hopper option. Park Hoppers are frequently treated as the default option for Disney tickets, but park hopping can be quite tiring and time-consuming so think twice about this option. One park per day is usually plenty and you can go in and out of that one park as much as you like. Skipping the park hopper saves you about $50 per ticket.
- Skip the Water Parks. You don't need the water park option if you have no intention of going to any of Disney's water parks. Remember, you can always add that option at the park. But skipping it for now will save you about $50 per ticket.
- Check the Disney World website for current deals offered directly by Disney. WDW usually offers a small discount if you purchase tickets in advance on their website. Your best bet for now is to simply write down the prices. There's a few more places to check.
- Check AAA. If you are a member of AAA or another organization such as AARP, the NRA, etc. they often have discount tickets available for members. Call them up and get prices. Also, if you work for a company that sponsors attractions to Disney World (like Coca-Cola) they usually have discount tickets as well.
- Check Undercover Tourist. Undercover Tourist is an official ticket broker for Walt Disney World and they offer good discount tickets for Disney World as well as all the other Orlando attractions. Often, Undercover Tourist will have your best prices.
- Buy your tickets in advance. Once you have figured out which discount ticket broker has the best deals, buy your tickets as far in advance as possible. You will save money on postage for getting the tickets to you, and you will also save money in the face of any price hikes on tickets at Walt Disney World as advance purchase locks in your ticket prices.
Florida Resident Discount Tickets
Oh, and you probably already know about this if you live in Florida, but Disney generally has promotions for Florida residents that make it easy for locals to visit the parks at a discount. Check the Disney World website for details on current promotions.
More by this Author
This is my "best of" list of my top favorite Disney World rides. I've never been much for roller coasters and thrill rides, but I love the theme park rides at Walt Disney World. Here are my 5 favorite WDW...
Fastpass is Disney's brilliant answer to long lines at the most popular rides at their Walt Disney World and Disneyland theme parks. It is surprising though how many people simply don't take advantage of the Fastpass...
You can get gift cards at CVS for all kinds of places. Here's a sampling of what's available on the racks.