Please explain the Caribbean Travel Thread on HubPages.

1. MsDora profile image92
    MsDoraposted 4 years ago

The travel thread to a Caribbean island must follow:  Travel and Places—Visiting North America—(Name of Island). 

Why not: Travel and Places—Caribbean—(Name of Island)? 

To confuse it a little further,  “Caribbean” the region is listed on the same tier as the Caribbean islands.  In the thread shown at the top of this question, the islands are next to, instead of within "Caribbean."

To begin with, isn’t it misleading to go: Visiting North America—St. Kitts/Barbados, St.Lucia?  Some of us with a limited knowledge of geography might expect to find these islands within North America.  The Caribbean is considered a subregion of North America only for geopolitical reasons (that is for comparisons of politics, culture, etc); but for travel—movement from one actual place to another actual place—wouldn’t it be wise to show them outside the physical North America where they really are?  Just trying to understand it.  Would be happy to accept an explanation.  Thanks.

2. MsDora profile image92
    MsDoraposted 4 years ago

Perhaps my question is not clear; or maybe there is no explanation.  I am sincerely wanting an answer and I thought this was the right forum.  If there is a problem with the question, I would like to know that too.  It's so strange not getting answer.  Thanks.