100 degree temps in Michigan! WTF!!

1. brimancandy profile image84
    brimancandyposted 4 years ago

It has been absolutely horrible here in Michigan for almost 3 weeks now. (Actually Longer) Our average temps are usually in the 80's this time of year, and we have had only 5% of average rainfall for an entire month. It actually has only rained once in my hometown in several weeks, and that only lasted 30 minutes, and dried up as fast as it came down. Temps almost every day in the upper 90's, with several days of extreme heat warnings over the fourth of July holiday weekend, with heat index 110 plus for 3 days straight. Forest fire levels are at their peak. (I live in the Manistee national forest area)

If that isn't bad enough, today I learned we are under another extreme heat warning, July 16th-17, with more 100+ temps, with no rain until Tuesday, and only a very slim chance. Then back to the 90s and sun the rest of the week, and back up to 100+ by the weekend. The local weather stations are saying if we do not get rain on Tuesday, it may not rain again for 14 days!! with temps remaining the same.

If this continues, I'm worried about what will happen to our local water levels. Things are drying up left and right, and I have well water!

They say this could be one of the worst droughts in history.

If it rains where you are. Save it in buckets!

2. Druid Dude profile image61
    Druid Dudeposted 4 years ago

Global warming is all an illusion. Frankly, I don't care who or what caused it....SOMEBODY FIX IT!!!