jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Poop overload shuts down San Franciso Bay Area escalators

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Glad I missed this when I lived there...

http://now.msn.com/human-feces-cause-ba … alfunction

Actually, this problem has probably been going on forever and I just wasn't aware of it.

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

Wow...  That puts a whole new slant on the saying - "Life is S-hit!"  sad

3. ngureco profile image86
    ngurecoposted 4 years ago

How does poop gets under an escalator? Was that poop not smelling? There must have been a lot of corrosion for the escalator's gears to malfunction.

4. tirelesstraveler profile image85
    tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago

Those elevators never work.  Most of the stations are open air the temps at night during the summer are usually in the 40's and 50's and the ocean breeze keeps them smelling OK. If it were anywhere humid it would be horrific.  It is quite amazing hiking a bicycle up flights of stair when the escalators don't work. 
    People do amazing things.  A thrift shop I really like had to remove their dressing room curtain because someone crapped in there. California is just special sometimes.

5. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

From the news coverage I saw, there are a lot of homeless people in the BART stations and for some reason they are not able to use the public restrooms...
    They interviewed some homeless and some non-homeless people and that's what they all said.

1. ptosis profile image79
      ptosisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

"lack of public bathroom facilities" is the problem. Closing bathrooms at night don't make sense. We need more public bathrooms everywhere. Or this is what you get. It a health issue and should be addressed as such.

for a man it's easy - but for a woman who needs to change her tampoon ..........

6. jcales profile image74
    jcalesposted 4 years ago

or Bleep Happens