jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Canadian Embassy

1. Geopeter profile image75
    Geopeterposted 4 years ago

Things about going to Canada. Do we really need French? Do we need to have good IELTS score? What are the difficult questions in the Canadian Embassy?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You don't have to speak French, but if you plan to move to Quebec it helps.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You don't need French (technically Quebec French which is a dialect) but it is a big asset in many areas of employment (like teaching) and it would be worth reading up on the history of the separatist movement to avoid saying something insensitive.  Some very serious sh*t went down over the the last few decades.

The embassy just wants to know you are educated, healthy, honest and serious about living in Canada (i.e. working, paying taxes, and not doing bad things).  There aren't really any trick questions.

If you are a literate native English speaker IELTs should be a non-issue.

1. Geopeter profile image75
        Geopeterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There are lots of requirements applying Canada. Your tips really helps. What about the negative part of Canada? Please sight few areas. This is not being rude but I just need the reality so as not to regret for my entire life.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
          psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

In recent years I have lived in the US, UK and Canada.  I found it really very easy to get along in all three places.  Nothing much comes to mind as a problem.  I mean other than the usual having to get new bank/credit accounts and all the usual moving stuff. I would probably have stayed in Canada if the job had become permanent but that didn't happen. And without a permanent job I didn't have enough points to qualify for residency.

working