jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Kashmir Valley

1. tanveerbadyari profile image60
    tanveerbadyariposted 4 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7642154_f248.jpg
    Kashmir valley is a beautiful place in northern parts of India, it's heritage and culture have been kept alive by the people. Its mughal gardens and favorite valleys of pahalgam,gulmarg,sonmarg make it a ideal summer retreat. People who have traveled to kashmir can share their travel experiences in this forum.

2. kashmir-ladakh profile image61
    kashmir-ladakhposted 4 years ago

I have been to kashmir many times and every time i find it fascinating, I like the people and their hospitality which is very warm. The natural beauty of kashmir is astounding and amazing.I am planning to go there this year and spend some days in houseboat in nigeen lake.

3. tanveerbadyari profile image60
    tanveerbadyariposted 4 years ago

@ kashmir- ladakh thanks for your nice comments I hope you had enjoyed kashmiri hospitality.
    Did you also enjoyed the kashmir cuisine of wazwan?

4. kashmir-ladakh profile image61
    kashmir-ladakhposted 4 years ago

Wazwan is world famous kashmir cuisine & how could  i have missed that when i was in kashmir. I attended a marriage there and saw people enjoying wazwan in a large plates called "trami". four people sharing one plate and the traditional cook called "waza" serving them numerous dishes made of mutton & gravy. I liked the thing roasted ribs they are amazing. I wish i could eat wazwan right now. Kashmiri culture, food, traditions,marriages  are amazing it was a greatest experience of my life time to witness kashmir wedding. It was really a big fat wedding & my host told that they serve around 16 main course dishes which are all non veg and 6 veg ones. It is a treat for the people who are meat eaters.

working