jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Anyone ever ridden horses at Little Manatee River State Park?

1. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 4 years ago

My daughter and I are meeting a couple with some horses at the park in June to ride the equestrian trails. If you've been to the park, please tell me a little about it. Are the trails shady? Are biting insects a big problem? Thanks!

2. LCDWriter profile image93
    LCDWriterposted 4 years ago

Speaking as a Floridian, I would guess that biting insects will be out in full force in June although worse in morning or dusk.  I would plan to wear bug spray or a sun block with bug spray.  We're already getting eaten up when we go outside in the evenings because of the mild winter.  I haven't been to this park but it looks nice.

1. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, the skeeters are already pretty bad here in South GA.

3. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

This would have made a great Question! http://hubpages.com/question/hot/

It certainly sounds like something that could inspire an awesome Travel and Places Hub. big_smile

1. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh, Simone, I assure you it will be a hub!

4. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

I haven't been to the park, but I would be prepared for both sun and insects. Most nature parks here have a lot of shade and open areas. I suggest wearing a light colored gauze shirt and sun hat. I know you are aware of how humid it is here during the summer! Have fun, it sounds relaxing. smile.   If you decide to walk the trails, especially in the more dense areas, watch for webs. I once almost walked into a web with a huge banana spider staring at me in the woods behind our property.

5. ocbill profile image76
    ocbillposted 4 years ago

some winters get pretty cold there. I was there in 2010 and it was 40 degrees as a high for a month or so.

working