jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Alert for Midwest Hubbers. And let us know how you are doing...

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

"Unusually massive line of storms aim at Midwest"

One in five Americans could be affected.

http://weather.yahoo.com/unusually-mass … 31169.html

Probably going to be some power losses here and there. Gas tank and kitchen cupboards full?

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hope everyone is safe!

1. Nicole Winter profile image59
        Nicole Winterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm in Chicago, so all should be OK... thanks for starting this forum post, paradigmsearch, hope all is well and everyone is staying safe!  --- Nicole A. Winter

2. freedomsthoughts profile image60
      freedomsthoughtsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am located thirty miles from the Ohio river, it was a beautiful night.  It was one lightening show after another.  The rain and winds were limited in my area, not much of either.   This is a very weak photo from last evening around  2 am.

3. 0
      Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think that you are, without question, the kindest and most community-minded soul on HubPages.  You're always looking out for us.  big_smile

2. Vlorsutes profile image93
    Vlorsutesposted 3 years ago

I'm in Ohio, so these storms won't hit me until sometime later tonight. I'm hoping that they'll break up some and lose strength before they get here. I hope that everyone else in the line of these storms stays safe.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 3 years ago

My section of Ohio is forecasted to have heavy rain from midnight to Thursday 6pm. The lightning has been visible since 9pm Wed., but no rain yet. It may pass over.

1. 0
      Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Patty!  We had a wicked, but mercifully short, storm here last night.  Sun was shining bright this morning, and the day's been beautiful.  Hope y'all are safe all around!

4. tillsontitan profile image90
    tillsontitanposted 3 years ago

Wishing you all good luck as we wait for the flooding here.