Saving on souvenirs on your Disney vacation/cruise

1. talfonso profile image89
    talfonsoposted 3 years ago

Despite living an hour from there, I don't buy souvenirs at Walt Disney World anymore. I might do it again soon if I have the money, but I'm very keen on making my own. I'm very crafty, so I'd usually embellish a few items from the thrift store, with or without Disney images.

I'm going on a Disney cruise soon, and signed up for the fish extender exchange. I found out that it would actually deter me from buying from the onboard gift shops because people put free trinkets in the pockets. (A fish extender is a pocket organizer you buy or make your own. I made my own from fabric I intended to use to make gifts for the troops but never got around to it.)

And let's not forget about taking pictures! I love taking pictures, and they are the best free souvenirs to take home with to remember a vacation!

So what do you do to save money on souvenirs when doing a Disney cruise or vacationing in the Parks?

1. howardyoung profile image83
      howardyoungposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Disney World has a lost  and found where you can purchase unclaimed items held for 30 - 90 days depending on the item. Apparently you can get souvenirs left at the park.

My sister-in-law's sister's husband used to work for ESPN and was able to buy collectables there at a fraction of the cost before they were shipped off to the Salvation Army.

We ran out of time on our Orlando vacation so we didn't get to go the the lost and found.

I don't recall where he said the storage facility is, but you can try … and-found/ first.

1. talfonso profile image89
        talfonsoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

WOWZA! I didn't know that! It sure sounds like a great idea. But I'm more keen on DIY Disney items.