Vacation Destinations for Boycott FL Supporters

1. talfonso profile image90
    talfonsoposted 3 years ago

I have been hearing about the Boycott Florida thing since George Z. was acquitted of all charges in the murder of Trayvon Martin. Besides angering me as a proud Floridian, it angered most everyone. Most of them even called and vowed to boycott all aspects of my state. Even Stevie Wonder of "I Just Called to Say I love You" fame joined the ranks.

I'm going on a vacation in Naples-Ft. Myers and to South Carolina before going in a Disney cruise soon. But if someone you know have enough money to go beyond a staycation but avoid states with a law that allows people to hurt one another if threatened (that's one aspect of the "Stand Your Ground" law), what location would you recommend?

The said law is in effect here in Florida as well as South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana, Oklahoma, Michigan, Iowa, Rhode Island, Connecticut, both Dakotas, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Alaska, and Hawaii.

2. plogan721 profile image86
    plogan721posted 3 years ago

Well that is over half the country, and I live in a "Stand your ground" state.  Well I was not planning on Boycotting Florida in the first place.  I have plans of visiting Disney in December.  The only thing that I pray that this law is abolished in ALL states soon so people can stop worrying about being targeted for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  That is the only thing that Trayvon was guilty of doing.

1. talfonso profile image90
      talfonsoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Great idea! I'm not boycotting FL this year, but I'm planning to move to the Philippines in a few years temporarily. If I choose the right place, there's less chance of an SYG law. Plus the beaches are better and the cost of living is cheaper.