jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)

Cheap Vacations

1. RKHenry profile image80
    RKHenryposted 7 years ago

I am in need of a vacation this summer.  I'm think the cheapest way might be camping, unless somebody else has another suggestion.  Are there any campers on hubpages?  If so, got any recommendations on a particular camp site?  If gas stays cheap, I'm looking to travel to the state of Tenn., Arkansas, Georgia, Wis., hell I'm not for sure.  Got any tips?

1. Teresa McGurk profile image83
      Teresa McGurkposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I used to go camping a lot and stayed in State Parks.  Usually great -- no bad experiences save for the weather not cooperating on occasion.  But ya need to be young enough!  I'm not sure I could do it anymore.  If I hadn't just blown all my retirement funds on a camper, I'd rent one and travel that way.  As it is, the view here by the river is just glorious, and I'm not sure that I'll ever get on the road. . . .

RKHenryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I thought I'd try to plan some sort of float trip too.  I haven't been camping in years.  Now my sister, that's a different subject.  She goes all the time.  She's a concert junkie.  Anyhow, I'm not asking her, I'd never hear the end of it, ya know?

2. TravelMonkey profile image60
    TravelMonkeyposted 7 years ago

You can rent a caravan for a pretty low price

1. TravelMonkey profile image60
        TravelMonkeyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

A superb alternative to staying in a hotel. Very big here in the UK and most of Europe i suppose. I think you may know them as trailers?

3. irene.trel profile image59
    irene.trelposted 7 years ago

If you are looking for a cheap vacations then I suggest that you ask  for any assistance in a travel tours agency.I'm sure that they can give you the best deals and the travel packages that you can manage. They also assist you the best destinations and accommodations that you'll find it more attractive especially this summer season.

4. febriedethan profile image66
    febriedethanposted 7 years ago

Hi.. what about visiting South East Asia. Many beautiful spots that really cheap.

I'm looking to drive this year.  Thanks though.

5. jimmyred profile image59
    jimmyredposted 6 years ago

Couch surfing. My mate is doing it at the moment and spending NOTHING on accommodation. The hosts also usually show them around the city and party with them. Of course you have to have the kind of personality to enjoy something like that. If you do, it would be awesome.

6. ainehannah profile image83
    ainehannahposted 6 years ago

have you tried home swapping? you join a network of homeowners, write to them and swap houses/apartments/whatever. Nothing to stop you driving there, though many want to swap cars too

1. 0
      shinujohn2008posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Very nice idea.

7. 0
    dnrkrishnan25posted 6 years ago

In south India-Tamilnadu-OOTY

8. fishtiger58 profile image83
    fishtiger58posted 6 years ago

Camping by far is one of the cheapest vacations. Combine with fishing, hiking, and sight seeing.

9. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Have you tried hostelling?  If you want a beach-y vacation Hollywood Beach Fl has $16/night.

10. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Go to Helen, GA. There's a nice hotel there that's like $34 a night in the winter - not sure how much it is in the summer. Read my hub about Helen, and watch the videos. There are also several campgrounds nearby.

Jekyll Island, GA also has a nice campground, as does Ft. Clinch State Park, FL. I wrote hubs about both of them, as well.