jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Have you visited Ireland?

1. Jimmys Money blog profile image34
    Jimmys Money blogposted 12 months ago

Ireland is an amazing place with fantastic people. Have you ever visited Ireland? Let us know

1. eduguy1 profile image81
      eduguy1posted 12 months ago in reply to this

I personally haven't, but it looks an amazing place to be!

2. theraggededge profile image93
      theraggededgeposted 12 months ago in reply to this

I have, three times, both North and South. My sister-in-law has just moved to a village near Clonmel with her family. It is beautiful (not everywhere) and the people are lovely. If you ask for directions, they will hop in their car and take you to your destination.

1. DasEngel profile image61
        DasEngelposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Do they (the Irish) watch television?

1. eugbug profile image94
          eugbugposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Yes I can confirm that we do, but like Bruce Springsteen's song, there's often "57 Channels (And Nothin' On)"

1. DasEngel profile image61
            DasEngelposted 12 months ago in reply to this

I see. It seems that our world has no substitute for television. Televisions are everywhere.

2. Kimberleyclarke profile image84
    Kimberleyclarkeposted 12 months ago

I've visited Northern Ireland many times. I love it there. The people are super friendly, and the food is always delicious! The Mountains of Mourne are desolate and beautiful - the Giant's Causeway is a dream place.

3. 61
    Dublin1posted 12 months ago

I'm actually living here.   Was here before for about 3.5 years and this time it's closing in on 2.5 years.   It certainly offers a different experience from my home state of NM in the US.

4. promisem profile image94
    promisemposted 9 months ago

We went there in May and had a great time. We drove around the country in a rental car, visited numerous historical and natural attractions, and overall had a great time. People were very nice and very helpful. The only negative was the narrow and often scary roads.