jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Is this a crazy story or what?

1. jackclee lm profile image77
    jackclee lmposted 2 weeks ago

A man who complained about a $12 charge for a blanket cause the plane to be diverted to LA and affected all the passengers...
    How did we come to this?
    What is wrong with or airline industry?
    Can a $12 blanket be compared to disturbing flight plans for 200 passengers?
    Where is the common sense?
    The pilot and attendandent over reacted...
    There was no justification for diverting the flight plan, period.
    Hawaiian  air, you have a serious problem if that is your policy...

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Yes, the pilot and attendant over reacted.  And so did the idiot passenger having a temper tantrum because he can't have something for nothing.

jackclee lmposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I have been on planes where it was freezing cold. To not give a small blanket as a courtesy is just bad customer relations... When did making a few $$ trump common sense? The passenger did not over react... It is the system that has gone bonkers. If an alien arrives on earth tomorrow, they would say how crazy are these humans... the pilot and attendant should be severely disciplined and get a refresher training on dealing with customers.  BTW, how much did they cost the company and the tax payers by this fiasco? Was it worth the $12???

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Yeah, it's poor customer relations.  But that does not excuse a temper tantrum on an airplane full of people - nothing does.

Disciplining employees for not giving away what the company has decreed has a cost would be insane, though.  "Dealing with" customers does not mean to simply give them whatever they want free of charge.

Nor does discussion of tax payer costs have anything to do with it - what is the cost of cops arresting a shoplifter for stealing $5 worth of merchandise?  What do companies pay each year for surveillance and security to halt shoplifting?

jackclee lmposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

You are reaching..
            This guy is not a criminal...
            Read what was said and reported by eye witnesses...
            He did not threaten the pilot or the attendant. He was going to complaint to the Company executives...
            The English language is not that complicated.

2. jackclee lm profile image77
  3. jackclee lm profile image77

So the FBI was called...
    I don't want my tax dollars wasted on this kind of insanity.
    Shouldn't they be investigationg the leaks in our intelligence?

4. jackclee lm profile image77

BTW, if I was on that plane as a passenger, I would file a lawsuit against the airline. They have disrupted my schedule and 200 other passengers...for what?  What can a 60 year old man do on a plane? Any reasonable person would be unruly when confronted with such nonsense...

5. jackclee lm profile image77

Here is the quote - “It was just a complaint about a blanket, about the cost of the blanket, correct,” Pedegro said. “He was upset about the charge for the blanket and asked for a corporate phone number. They provided him with it and (then) he said, ‘I’d really like to take somebody behind the woodshed over this.’ They diverted the aircraft because of that statement.”

So apparently, the attendant and the pilot took that statement as a threat to the pilot???
    Do they even speak English? It is clear to me what he meant by it...

working