If you're in Europe; stop at the Rock of Gibraltar

1. Pete Maida profile image61
    Pete Maidaposted 7 years ago

Gibraltar is a great one stop if you are planning a tour of Europe.  Nestled against the rock is a small city of 30,000 people.  It is a place with British tradition and a southern Spanish attitude; it is quite unique.  The view from the top of the rock is breathtaking.  The tour inside the rock is worth the trip itself and the number one feature is the colony of barbary apes.  These are the only apes living wild in Europe.  One word of warning; give the apes food but don't tease them with it.  If you do you will regret it.

1. MocamboBlog profile image60
      MocamboBlogposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Fly to Europe on the airline of your choice.

2. Cheekymaz profile image78
    Cheekymazposted 7 years ago

This is a bit more than just being in Europe. I've lived in Europe all my life, still never had the opportunity to go to Gibraltar. I'd say this title should rather be "Looking for a place to visit in Southern Europe" or even "Where to go when visiting Spain" But "if you're in Europe, stop at the Rock of Gibraltar" is maybe a bit big. What if you're in Finland, or Estonia, Romania... even the UK. Though Gibraltar is a British territory, it still is a long way to go, not necessarily cheap.
    Now, from the description you give, it looks lovely and very attractive. So I will make a note to plan something as soon as financially able.