jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

afraid to travel?

1. beautyrose profile image60
    beautyroseposted 7 years ago

Does AH1N1 prevent you from traveling. Is it worst in you place?

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'd say it's probably the least of my concerns when it comes to travel.  My state has had a few hundred cases (and they've been in my county more than any other).  Based on what "they're" saying these days, that flu isn't even as "dramatic" as the flus that go around every Winter.  I guess they're watching what happens to it in Australia these months to get an idea of what Winter does or doesn't do to it.

2. GeneralHowitzer profile image63
      GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah its scary travelling when there is a threat that lurks. Our country is the fifth most affected in the world for now and 2 cases of deaths have been recorded so far. Still, we're still thankful here since the strain flu here is weaker than that of the other countries.

3. delungleapero profile image61
      delungleaperoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

not sure if i know for certain?

2. GeoHoliday2009 profile image61
    GeoHoliday2009posted 7 years ago

Nowadays the spreed of the virus has been in control, this doesn't stop people from traveling around for their work or even  their leisure or holiday vacation.
    Here in Canada there are lot of cases of nh1n1. The doctors and nurses take precautionary measure to take care of the patients as well as themselves.

3. travelespresso profile image81
    travelespressoposted 7 years ago

This virus was spreading about 2/3 weeks before I was due to leave for a trip to Mexico and Cuba.  I was worried.  The media was reporting a disturbing picture. 
    My insurance wouldn't cover my costs to date (several thousand in airfare costs alone) unless it was declared a pandemic.  At that stage it wasn't.  Not that costs versus health is really any contest!  I waited, considered (truthfully I agonised) and decided to go.  I actually extended my time in Mexico and felt very very safe there.  Mind you I was careful and my sanitising handwash was used frequently.  I increased my vitamin C intake and I stayed well and healthy throughout my months on the road.  I am so glad that I, along with many many others, continued on my planned journey.

4. Larry Gee profile image60
    Larry Geeposted 7 years ago

In England the threat of H1N1 has pretty much disappeared now. It was a big worry in the summer and it put a lot of people off travelling particularly to places like Mexico. However, now the threat has died down people don't seem so worried about it impacting their travel plans. I've booked a holiday in America at the end of the month and I'm planning to travel down to Mexico by Greyhound for a few days on the trip. I don't think I'd be so tempted to do that if H1N1 was still a major factor.