jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (18 posts)

Road Trips

1. classygeek83 profile image60
    classygeek83posted 7 years ago

How do you plan your road trips?Are you going to consider the beauty spots?Of course, I say Yes to it!!The history and the people  should also be consider in having a road trip, not to mention the roads,it should be safe...

2. Jessica Horn profile image60
    Jessica Hornposted 7 years ago

I've always wanted to just hop in an RV, spin a bottle, and go the direction it says to go.

As long as you're in good company, it doesn't matter where you go!

1. torimari profile image79
      torimariposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Heck yea. I'd always love to this...now if only I had willing, good company. D:

1. Misha profile image76
        Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ah girls, I am too old for that now. Family, children, you know... But we would definitely make a good pair (trio? wink) back when I did not have much responsibilities. smile

3. 0
    TMinutposted 7 years ago

For three years, my boys and I did this. I get lost easily (and that's a gross understatement) so it was necessary that we kept our home with us wherever we went! We traveled all over the U.S. stopping at every tourist spot I knew of, visited friends and relatives everywhere, and stopped in every science museum and center we could find.

A couple of times, I missed a city we were looking for, once I missed a state...

But it all worked out well, we stumbled onto a great find that way. Lost in the back roads of some place, we found a "pre-zoo", a wilderness center where newly captured animals were being tamed for zoo life. They were in giant habitats as close to their natural ones as possible and it was awesome!

1. 0
      ralwusposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hehe How many roads must a man travel down before he admits he is lost?

4. Bendo13 profile image85
    Bendo13posted 7 years ago

I plan it all out.  Pick out some cool spots all over the place and, if I'm going to be in that area, I make sure to go there!  I always plan to have someone fun with me to enjoy it.  But I always take pictures and video to share with those that didn't come with me.

5. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Hmmmm....what the heck is a "classy geek"?

6. Wendi M profile image83
    Wendi Mposted 7 years ago

I love road trips.  My 2 longest ones were my trips to and from Alaska...neither one was planned.  My children and I had a blast just stopping when and where we felt like it...we even hit (but didn't hurt) a large gray wolf on the Alcan!

7. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

I just returned from a 2 week road trip and didn't plan a bit of it.  I put on over 2800 miles in 8 different states. We stayed in cheesy little motels, gorgeous B&B's and a weekend in a mountain chalet. No work, no clients, no computers and the cell phone only to check up on the kids that were staying with their grandpa.  We had the most relaxing and refreshing trip ever.

8. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I did a couple of trip up the east coast of Australia from Melbourne in the south. We took months to get to Darwin on one trip stopping at many places for a week or more, and came back through the centre once too. It was amazing! smile

9. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

We often take of driving in one direction or another with little planning.  In AZ there is just a lot of strange stuff to see--it's pretty varied.  I love discovering new places, little hole in the wall restaurants, etc.

Last weekend, we ended up in Payson, AZ...found a lake we never new existed and ended up listening to this really great Japanese musician who played both the fiddle and guitar in a rock/country band...while we ate steaks at this little bar & grill.

Life is a gift..tear off the wrapper!

10. TPTravel profile image77
    TPTravelposted 7 years ago

I love the idea of a road trip. We actually were planning one for the end of the year from Atlanta to San Diego. Planned stops included New Orleans, San Antonio, Dallas, Santa Fe, Sedona, the Grand Canyon, and San Diego. After calculating the time, gas, and logistics of it we decided to postpone it. I think smaller road trips would be a lot easier to pull off though I would love to get lost for a month just roaming the US.

11. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 6 years ago

If you love beaches, watching sunset and just driving at your own pace then I would recommend a road trip on the Pacific Coast Highway in California. It runs for over 2500 miles. I didn't drive anywhere as many miles on PCH but trip I took from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara was a lot of fun.

12. sannyasinman profile image85
    sannyasinmanposted 6 years ago

I have always enjoyed spontaneous travel, no hotels booked, no fixed itinerary . . . let the adventure begin. smile

13. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

We are currently on the baseball park tour. Every year we hit three to four parks and see the sights in each city. I'm not really a baseball fan but my wife lives for her Cubs! She also loves the fields, especially the old ones. Last year we went to New York to see Shea and Yankee Stadium. This year Cards, Royals and Rangers.

14. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 6 years ago

I've never taken a trip without a planned destination but we love taking trips where the route isn't planned - just meandering in the general direction.  It is always relaxing.

15. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

We never back-track! We always keep going forward.