jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Slow Traveler

1. zar63 profile image59
    zar63posted 7 years ago

What kind of problems have you had traveling with special needs that you feel could be better addressed by the airline or hotel?

For example, I have a problem walking long distances and standing for any length of time. I do request a wheelchair to get me to my gate. However, I am able to walk and board without assistance. I feel most airlines should do a better job allowing those people to board without having to stand in line with the loading zones. I have remained sitting until they call the next zone only to find that no one will allow you to "cut" line, even though you are supposed to be in front of them.

What I'm planning for upcoming pages is addressing some issues that I have encountered, both positive and negative, during my travels. I would appreciate any feedback on the matter.

Thank you,

1. Miss Belgravia profile image79
      Miss Belgraviaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi, Regina. I would be very interested to hear about your experiences, and also to know how the airlines/hotels may have responded to your inquiries or suggestions. As the population of the U.S. ages, all us baby boomers are going to have an increased need for assistance when we travel. Very timely topic.

2. LRobbins profile image79
    LRobbinsposted 7 years ago

Hi Regina,

I'm sorry to hear you have not had positive experiences on airlines.  I have a gluten allergy and despite notifying the airline weeks in advance, they frequently don't have it in their system and then say it's too late too accomodate.  This happened to me most recently a couple of months ago on a 6 hour flight!  When they remember the allergy, Air Canada serves terrible gluten free food. I've started bringing my own food.

3. mugshot profile image76
    mugshotposted 7 years ago

I always thought anyone who had a special requirement always boarded before the cattle, this is if you request it in advance.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

oh that is a bad experience on your part, I had a problem with the hotel arrangement and worst also, the car which is supposed to picked me up arrived late.