jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

San Diego

1. Jonathan Janco profile image82
    Jonathan Jancoposted 6 years ago

I'm considering moving there in the spring. Anyone live there/used to live there/visited? Any words swaying me one way or the other would be terrific.

1. 0
      Pachuca213posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I lived in SD for 13 years and I cannot say bad things about it. It was reason of physical safety ( getting away from my stalker) that made me move from there. Otherwise I would have stayed.

However, there are alot of Pros and Cons to living there. Yes it is the most beautiful city by the sea, and the weather is sensational. You are close to everything you can imagine in such short distance all about 30 minute drive to the water, mexico, the mountains, the desert....good area. But its expensive to live there. Its important to be bilingual there because whether people want to admit it or not there are WAY MORE hispanics there than any other race. And most San Diegans who are hispanic will not speak english even at work. It can get ridiculous at times and I am hispanic and it even pissed me off. If you live south of the 8 freeway then you should learn Spanish! Also, don't live too close to the southbay. The cartels are kidnapping people on this side of the border and holding them hostage in mexico to make money. It was in a San Diego news article I read a few weeks ago. Its not a joke. But don't let fear run you. Do what you gotta do and enjoy life. Just be smart and do your homework! Honestly if it wasn't for my husbands psycho ex-wife I would have stayed there forever....I love SD. Especially Imperial beach...you gotta check it out. And a place on the beach called the I.B. Forum (best all-you-can-eat fish and chips) right on the beach!

2. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

Hey Jonathan I use to live in Poway not too far from San Diego. it's a great place just make sure you pick a good area in SD to move to. Hope your move goes smoothly!

3. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 6 years ago

Don't forget to pack your wallet.  Oh yeah, put lots of cash in it.

Great city, great food, great people.  If you can afford it, do it.  If you can't afford it, do it anyway.

1. Jonathan Janco profile image82
      Jonathan Jancoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Dude, got the lowdown about it being expensive . . . and I live here in southwest Ct, so I know expensive.