jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (28 posts)

quit my job. bought a flight.

1. jdaviswrites profile image90
    jdaviswritesposted 7 years ago

yup, moving to colorado in 3 days for the winter. terrified of the cold weather, but should bring along some new and adventurous topics to write about. stay tuned kids (for those of you interested).

1. lorlie6 profile image85
      lorlie6posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Why terrified?  Just bundle up next to a roaring/not-so roaring fire with your sweetie and all will be oh, so glorious!

jdaviswritesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

that's a good idea. I have no sweetie, but i'll sit by a roaring fire until one comes along.

1. 0
          ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Do you have enough money to buy one? They can be imported by mail order now wink

2. prettydarkhorse profile image65
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

oh nice and new environment too, I hope your cheese (new opportunity) move with you,

3. 0
      Ghost32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Where to in Colorado?  Just moved outa there last April.

Winter Park, about 60 miles west of Denver. Hopefuly will be able to roam around the whole state...

4. jessicab profile image59
      jessicabposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I hope you have a safe trip.

5. travelespresso profile image84
      travelespressoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Change is the spice of life.  I'm definitely interested and I'll look forward to your new hubs.  Enjoy the change and the freedom.  Good luck.

2. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

Good luck to you jdavis! And I hope that you get use to the cold quick. Don't forget to log in your adventures here in your hubs smile that would be a fun hub to do..a series about your move, the look for a new place, looking for a job...all of that. smile

Ahhh reading that just made my heart speed up. Great idea! I can't wait...

1. 0
        Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good luck with your hub series!

3. SandyMcCollum profile image80
    SandyMcCollumposted 7 years ago

Have a great trip, jdavis! Don't be a stranger while you're gone!

4. dejajolie profile image60
    dejajolieposted 7 years ago

Good Luck I'm always up for new adventures! Safe Travels!

5. TN21 profile image60
    TN21posted 7 years ago

Wish I had the budget to do something like this. Sounds totally awesome.

Have fun and be safe. smile

Trust me...I dont have the budget either. I will be building myself an igloo to sleep in if I don't find a job out there in the first couple weeks. This should be interesting.

2. pylos26 profile image77
      pylos26posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Waiting for that budget is a ticket to never-ever land.

6. Wendi M profile image81
    Wendi Mposted 7 years ago

I'm so envious.  I just want to jump in my car and travel across country right now!

1. The Rope profile image60
      The Ropeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Can I jump in your suitcase!  I've always wanted to do this.

7. 59
    A. Faurholtposted 7 years ago

The open road and no schedule that is the way to travel. Did that once with a pal. We went around Europe for three weeks in a rental. We had a blast and you experience so much when you least expect it on such a trip.

I agree completely. No definite plan is always my plan. Sometimes it gets you into problems that seem horrible at the time, but in the end, everything works out as it should.

8. 0
    AdviceDoctorposted 7 years ago

Just look out for the huge bears.. Or was that Alaska?

9. 0
    TMinutposted 7 years ago

About getting used to the cold, next door (here in Utah), lots of people run around in shorts or, at the least, short sleeved shirts to get themselves hardened to it. I think they're crazy but it must work - I'll do that when the temp is in the 40s but not in the 20s with snow and ice!

10. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Enjoy your new adventure.  My nephew did the same thing and stayed in Colorado for about five years.  My other nephew just followed his own wish to experience life in San Francisco; and my kids' other  cousin coincidentally did the same thing.   That kind of thing is what people may as well as do while they can.  Colorado offers lot of great photo material.

sounds nice. and very true, i'm hoping to get some good photographs of the rockies to go along with some hubs. really wish i had a digital tho...feeling like a caveman when loading my camera with film.

11. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Good luck on the relocation. Hope things work out, like you expect them to. big_smile

12. dyonder profile image77
    dyonderposted 7 years ago

You'll have a blast, jdaviswrites. So many great places to go skiing, snowboarding, hiking, fishing, kayaking, spelunking, repeling, etc. Glenwood Springs (my old stomping ground), Aspen, & Snowmass are just a little over an hour away. An old friend's opening up a bar with live music there (in G.S.), looks to be a fun joint.

13. 0
    shinujohn2008posted 7 years ago

have a nice time

working