jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)

What is your best holiday location?

1. salt profile image65
    saltposted 6 years ago

best memory or place, happiest holiday or most luxurious...??

1. Sa Toya profile image86
      Sa Toyaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm an islander, born and semi raised in the Caribbean...so islands  with awesome beaches are the best holidays for me.

I'll admit though that one of my best holidays wasn't to an island but to New York, my great grandmother's New Yorkan, so we visited alot. I loved being there the atmosphere..the hustle and bustle, the log smummery days, the glitz of Manhattan and the chill outness of Brooklyn.

I lurve museums so the Natural History one there is an absolute delight...I go there whenever I'm in NYC

2. double_frick profile image81
      double_frickposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Quepos or Manuel Antonio, costa rica. <3<3
      its paradise.
      and perfect at christmas. i'll move there one day. smile
      and i'll have a house in tempe, arizona too. my #2 happiest place in my reality.

3. 0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My most luxurious happened at Niagra Falls ... the top floor suite at the Hilton, the 379.00 dinner...ah, memories...I may have lost some from the head injuries but I did not lose this memory

4. warchild75 profile image48
      warchild75posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mauritius, i went there on honeymoon for 10 days and had the best holiday ever!!!!,warm weather,warm people,and acitvities galore whats not to like!!

5. Monsa profile image61
      Monsaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Definately Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica.

2. DeeBee3 profile image61
    DeeBee3posted 6 years ago

A city break. I just love discovering new places, and a city is the best way to do it I think.
    My last city was Dublin, my next one is London.
    Hoping to see Paris later in the new year.

3. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

Saugatuck Michigan in the spring, summer, and fall. Being at the beach at Oval beach just as the sun is going down. Then going to my favorite club and hanging out with friends. Or just spending a weekend camping down there.

My accomadations don't have to be fancy. But, i would certainly like to go to Las Vegas sometime, or California. I would also like to go to Europe someday.

4. apricotmousse profile image56
    apricotmousseposted 6 years ago

Bangkok is a great place to celebrate the holiday season. Shopping haven!

5. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

Oops. I read lactation. sorry

6. chimmychan profile image60
    chimmychanposted 6 years ago

I'll go for Thailand, I love to go shopping there!

7. 0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

Any place I've got money in my pocket and no one on Earth has a clue where I'm at.

Um...except Mexico.  Water got me good there.  Montezuma got revenge for a whole battalion of enterprising miscreants.

Top choice if I have to be specific:  West Yellowstone, Montana, but only in the right part of November--no summer tourists, lots of snow on the ground, Park still open, but the snowmobile season hasn't started yet. 

Come to think of it, that's pretty close to the first sentence of this post....big_smile

8. 0
    SensuousWorldposted 6 years ago

I was born and raised on St.Croix in the U.S Virgin Islands so just about any caribbean destination would be at the top of my list. I also love europe and all its history. It just depends on the type of vaction/holiday you are looking for..relaxing or active?..If I just want to kick back and relax I love the island of St.John USVI...St.Lucia is right up there too!

9. lilian_sg profile image80
    lilian_sgposted 6 years ago

I like all the places I've been to so far, with the exception of Shenzhen, China. Just hated the pollution there. And felt that there wasn't much to do besides shopping.

But, I hear that it's no longer as polluted now.

10. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

My all time favorite spot to visit is Idyllwild, CA. Have been going there since I was just a kid and have gone back with my family still. Last time we went togetehr was 2005. This year I will be going with my husband (his frist time) and our best friends for Valentine's Weekend. Can't wait!

1. 60
      Suksanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Myself, I like the tropical island - Phuket, in Thailand.

Great beaches and food with lots of great people around.

Everywhere has its down points though, but I believe this has more positive than negative!

You can read some of my opinions at http://guides.suksanvillas.com