Suggestions for Bahamas

1. Enjoying My Life profile image60
    Enjoying My Lifeposted 6 years ago

My husband and I are trying to plan a family vacation next year. Although a native Floridian, I have never been to the Bahamas. My husband, from the midwest, also has never been. We love water sports and he is a certified diver so the Bahamas, with its close proximity to Florida, is definitely attractive.

I have heard many good things about Atlantis but it seems expensive in comparison to some other resorts. In addition, I like all-inclusive when taking our son somewhere. So I'm looking for honest feedback from anyone who has been to the Bahamas.

Is Atlantis all it's cracked up to be?
    Is it worth the additional cost?
    Is a different island a better value while still offering plenty of watersports?
    How about for an almost-7-year-old? He is a great swimmer and loves snorkeling and other activities.

I have also considered Belize, if for no other reason than I hear so much about whale sharks that can be seen their frequently. My husband's concern is whether or not it would be safe for our son (understandable) and if there would be enough to keep him occupied.

Any thoughts?

2. Betty Reid profile image61
    Betty Reidposted 6 years ago

I have been to Belize, but mostly for school.  When I have gone for vacation, it's on a low budget.  My main advice would be to avoid the rainy season.  I believe it starts in July.  Also, I found spring time to be a bit cool in the evenings, but maybe you'd like that.