jump to last post 1-20 of 20 discussions (32 posts)

Hi Everyone...... wow it is Freezing In Greater Manchester,

1. 0
    poetlorraineposted 6 years ago

So much colder here than in Ireland, wow the snow is so thick, what is the weather like where you are,

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Warm and Sunny on the West Coast in the U.S. smile

1. 0
        poetlorraineposted 6 years ago in reply to this

wish it was sunny here too

2. Jane@CM profile image60
        Jane@CMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey girl, did you see we are moving out west! smile  Can't wait for warm!!!!

2. Hmrjmr1 profile image80
      Hmrjmr1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sunny but cool in south east Georgia US, not bad really for January

3. starme77 profile image85
      starme77posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Raining , typical Oregon winter here

4. 0
      Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

about 10F and snowing for the third day. windy, cold snow,......  sad

5. Green Lotus profile image60
      Green Lotusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Look at this from the BBC! Frozen England.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

It hit -32 this morning, not sure bout the windchill, but brrrrrr yikes lol tis curl up by the fireplace weather . big_smile US/Canada border here.

1. 0

that is for sure,,,,,,,

3. Lady_E profile image83
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

Weather's not bad. We never tend to get much snow in London.smile

4. 0
    poetlorraineposted 6 years ago

could not go to the shops to enjoy the sales, but the lads made it to watch Everton, not snowing iN Liverpool apparantly, just down the motorway....

5. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

We had a cold spell a week or two back with snow and everything, then we hit the high 70s again with really nice weather. Now its back to being cold but not freezing. This is the CostaBlanca btw. It is winter; at least I can breathe comfortably at this time of year.

1. 0

wow CostaBlanca, what time of day

6. jenblacksheep profile image83
    jenblacksheepposted 6 years ago

I was supposed to meet my friend in Manchester today but he couldnt get into town because of the ice and i wouldn't have been able to get out the station without falling over. Was a massive disappointment, and I had to pay £35 to get my train ticket changed so I could get home earlier. On the plus side I did get a chance to go shopping in London instead! It was sunny there!

7. Christene profile image81
    Christeneposted 6 years ago

It's 27 °F and snowing.

8. wrenfrost56 profile image82
    wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago

Freezing here too!

9. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Unless you've been out shoveling snow - I don't want to hear about cold. This is the second time in 10 days I've had to get the shovel out. The wind is supposed to gust to 50 or 60 mph tonight. Then tomorrow we get an astromical high tide - which means the high tide comes to within 50 feet of the house. But it's been here for over 200 years, so I don't worry that much. I just hate to shovel snow in the wind.

1. The Rope profile image60
      The Ropeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I hear ya' but it's 27 in Florida - it's wet and bone chilling.  Unfortunately older houses weren't built withstand extended cold and even the walls are cold to the touch.  Geeezzz I'm moving south... big_smile:

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
        rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

brrrr..... I'm in Tampa Bay and right now the temp is 44, and it feels cold, but not that bone chilling cold, but cold. at least the sun is supposed to shine tomorrow even though cold.

10. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 6 years ago

It's cold here in Hull and it has been snowing slightly...time for a hot chocolate!!

11. Wendi M profile image82
    Wendi Mposted 6 years ago

Very cold and very windy here in New hampshire!

12. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

It's only 6°F here in Chicago before the windchill and might get up to 14 tomorrow cool

13. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

-20* this morning, warmed up to ZERO!

14. dyesebel10 profile image78
    dyesebel10posted 6 years ago

It's now 22°F here in Maryland, US.

15. Harlan Lewin profile image83
    Harlan Lewinposted 6 years ago

I just heard on our public radio a story about travelers who were snow bound for 2 days at England's highest pub--until the BBC carried a story about it and the next morning the plows arrived. I don't know if it's a true story or not.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
      EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nort … 438314.stm

'Guests celebrating new year at the highest pub in England had a longer than expected stay, after heavy snow left them stranded for three days.

About 30 people arrived at the Tan Hill Inn in North Yorkshire on New Year's Eve to welcome in 2010.

But the wintry weather conditions meant the residents were snowed in for a further two nights.

Resident DJ Peter Richardson said: "We've kept our spirits up. It's actually been quite heart-warming."'

lol lol It's not hard to "keep your spirits" up when you're in a place where there are umpteen optics full of whisky, gin, Southern Comfort, vodka...

16. Ben Zoltak profile image80
    Ben Zoltakposted 6 years ago

Cold in Madison, Wisconsin here in the states, around 12F-0 degress farenheit.

Still hasn't stopped me from barbecuing ribs in my boxer shorts in the back yard, just have to make sure I wear a coat and boots. And a hat.

17. Hmrjmr1 profile image80
    Hmrjmr1posted 6 years ago

Colder this morning in Savannah Ga than Kabul Afghanistan 20F vs 35 F. WTF?

18. Amanda Severn profile image88
    Amanda Severnposted 6 years ago

It's pretty chilly here too, but no snow. Sussex seems to have escaped the worst of it.

19. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

Cold in the Rhondda, South Wales, with snow forecast later this week. We were away until last night, so the house got very cold. The heating has been on several hours now, but it's still only 17 deg C indoors, brrrr!

20. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image90
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 6 years ago

There's no snow here in Wirral but we had another hard frost overnight.  The neighbouring Welsh hills seem to protect us from the worst of the winter weather.