jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

1. kraji profile image80
    krajiposted 6 years ago

Anyone was in Slovenia? If so, what did u like, dislike ...?

1. WriteAngled profile image91
      WriteAngledposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I lived in Zagreb 1979-1984 and visited Slovenia fairly often. I liked the Postojna caves, Bled, Ljubljana, Maribor, walking in the mountains and staying in mountain hostels. My friends used to laugh, because in the mountain hostels, my favourite meal was enolonce, specifically because each time it contained something different! smile

I also liked the fact that people in shops etc were always polite and efficient.

I translate out of Slovenian, but cannot use the language actively. I keep thinking about returning to Slovenia to do a course so that I can try to learn Slovenian properly!

2. Diskobolos profile image60
      Diskobolosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Gde si Slovenac, kako je?smile

1. kraji profile image80
        krajiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

dobro, hvala

2. Trish_M profile image87
    Trish_Mposted 6 years ago

My husband & I visited Slovenia in the early 1980s. I quite liked Ljubliana, but I really loved Lake Bled, with its little island & the church. We were rowed over on a gondola. The weather & scenery were amazing! Fantastic!

3. Greg Cremia profile image60
    Greg Cremiaposted 6 years ago

My grandfather was from Slovenia. kruimaj was his name and my name is the Ellis Island version. Cremi with an 'a' added on so he could get a job with the railroad.