jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (17 posts)

What Do you Miss About Home?

1. thekidandblue profile image61
    thekidandblueposted 6 years ago

The Kid, recently back from Canada published a hub about her trip and how much she missed home.

What do all those away from home miss most or what do you most look forward to if going back to your parents?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image65
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

the sweet smell of my mothers cooking and how I will seat down at the lap of my dad, am grown up but I am my dads fav, and I will pull his moustache and then I will go and walk at backyard where i plant a beuatiful tree (paper tree) and tend at the flowers there, yes it is a tropical country and flowers are starting to bloom, i miss home, I miss the hugs of my parents

1. thekidandblue profile image61
        thekidandblueposted 6 years ago in reply to this

aw that sounds great, being back in the arms of you family. makes me feel warm inside mmm smile

2. 0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

the dirt road my 2 cousins and I would walk up every saturday, took all day...with wagons loaded with glass soda pop bottles to take in and exchange at the small market for 1 six pack of full bottles for each of us..

my fondest memory of home

2. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

The food and the fights!

3. Ladybird33 profile image72
    Ladybird33posted 6 years ago

When I travel I miss my husband and son, from my parents home, I miss the wonderful smell of my mother's baking (she is awesome at baking creative, awesome cookies).  Miss those cookies as well!

4. yenajeon profile image83
    yenajeonposted 6 years ago

mom's food, my bed and the general atmosphere of New Mexico!

5. marcel285 profile image82
    marcel285posted 6 years ago

I miss beaches, green plants, and native birds. sad

6. thekidandblue profile image61
    thekidandblueposted 6 years ago

The home cooking is a big one

7. Beth100 profile image84
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

8. lilian_sg profile image83
    lilian_sgposted 6 years ago

I miss my parents especially my conversations and dinners with them. I also miss the local food which I can't find here in Singapore. And of course, I love the privacy of my own bathroom and bedroom.

9. wychic profile image81
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Nothing! I live three miles from my parents' home and see my mom about once a week, on average, and I never leave my current home for any amount of time without taking the family with me (including the four-legged one).

10. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

The only time I am away from home any more seems to be in hospital. I miss freedom and my loves, wife and pets.

11. Deborah-Lynn profile image80
    Deborah-Lynnposted 6 years ago

During my "walk-through" when we were in the process of purchasing our home, I fell down an outdoor stairway made of fifty railroad ties, landed on my back, bruised my spine so badly I couldn't walk for four months.  Of coarse life continued on and the home we were selling was sold and our new home passed escrow and I had been staying with my in-laws while I couldn't walk.  What I missed was saying good bye to my old home.  I left to go to the final walk-through to my new home, but never got to packup my old home or see it one last time, memories of where I brought my babies home from the hospital, the staircase where my husband proposed before the walls were ever built, and where we could watch the fireworks each night from a nearby amusement park...all gone at the blink of an eye!

12. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

not having one with any length of time.

13. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 6 years ago

What I miss the most is speaking my own language and the ease and comfort that goes with knowing you can relax and understand and converse without any amount of difficulty.  I also miss my sisters whom are like my best friends.

14. Anna Evanswood profile image75
    Anna Evanswoodposted 6 years ago

I live in another country and what I miss most is Small goods... salami/ham mm proccuitto... how I miss them.. Oh and of course my family:)