jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Vegan/Vegetarian Travel - Best Places

1. VeganWorldTrekker profile image59
    VeganWorldTrekkerposted 6 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I'm new to hubpages.
    Are there any vegetarians/vegans here?
    Which countries did have difficulty finding suitable restaurants and which countries were difficult to find dining options?

I found Capetown, South Africa to have lots of vegan dining options.

I write a vegan world travel advice blog.

2. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 6 years ago

Well in the US I just visited Asheville for the first time and found there to be a lot of vegetarian dining options. And many of the restaurants cook using organic and locally grown ingredients.

3. torimari profile image79
    torimariposted 6 years ago

I'm a fairly strict vegetarian. I find a few good diners here that are fully vegetarian or have good options here in Philly PA.

My vegan friend says she can hardly find any vegan options.

4. moanalisa profile image61
    moanalisaposted 6 years ago

In choosing a Vegan lifestyle, you have to realize that most of the world isn't. It's more a matter of finding what works for you, and what doesn't. Perhaps, instead of dining out in a restaurant, you could pack a nice picnic of local vegetables, breads, nice wine or juices, etc.

5. VeganWorldTrekker profile image59
    VeganWorldTrekkerposted 6 years ago

Many countries do have vegan and vegetarian restaurants. I have visited around 25 countries and have never found a problem.

6. 0
    ftnirish7posted 6 years ago

India definitely is probably the best for a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle

Japan is good if you are vegetarian--lots of fish options. The Japanese don't use a lot of cheese in their cooking but do use egg so vegan can definitely be done but may be more difficult

Thailand offers a lot of vegetarian options for their curries, salads, and noodle dishes