jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (28 posts)

does anyone live in or near chandler arizona?

1. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 7 years ago

i just moved here 3 weeks ago and i have no idea about anything around other than the wal mart and grocery store and other small stores.

whats there to do here cheap and fun?
    where do you find a good mechanic? (for the boyfriend lol)
    best places to eat?
    how long is the fair at the mall?
    best place to meet people where we can make friends to hang out with?

any and all help would be great. i have been researching on the web too but when you dont know what you are looking for its hard to find anything lol

thank you to all responses

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

there's not a lot to do in Chandler - it is mostly a suburban community full of Mormons yikeswink

drive a little ways into Tempe, where there is tons to do - shopping, restaurants, clubs, the town lake...especially Mill Avenue. you can always find cool people to talk to there, even street musicians.

2. Hokey profile image60
      Hokeyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I wish I did. Move to Chicago?

3. Instgtr profile image79
      Instgtrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Pinky,

I was born in Mesa (8 miles away) and lived in Chandler until I was 11, then made the big move to Mesa...

Chandler was a city of 28,000 when I was a kid and is somewhere around 225,000 now.   I go back every once in a while and it's amazing how much Chandler itself has changed, but the old "downtown" area is very much like it used to be when I was a kid...

Living in Chandler there's quite a bit to do and when you run out of things, there are like 12 different cities with a metropolitan population of over 4 million people within 50 miles.  So you should be able to find lots to do.

Later!
      Dennis

2. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 7 years ago

Nope sorry can't help you there cos I am thousands of miles away in Spain, but I'm sure there must be someone from your state at least on here.

3. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

I live 2,700 mile away in Ireland.....but I would be ready to help if your in difficulty....just shout smile

1. profile image0
      lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol Irish behave that's my daughter there

Hey honey get out this weekend and ride around. Check it out.

4. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

You are not going to find much to do in Chandler if you are young, best place is Tempe it is a college town with much more to do. There are festivals and art exhibits you may enjoy in Chandler my recommendation go to the local Chamber of Commerce and ask them what type of activities go on in your community. smile

5. theirishobserver. profile image61

pinkylee, you did not say your mother was coming on our first date....Hi Ma smile

1. profile image0

lol Hi Irish I'm watching you cool

6. theirishobserver. profile image61

Hi Ma, please Ma, can pinkylee come out to play smile

7. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 7 years ago

lmao ... yall are to funny and thanks for all the advice ... love ya mama

1. profile image0

Yeah we were playing while you were getting your beauty rest. lol

1. profile image0
        pinkyleeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

haha i have to get my beauty rest you know that

2. Norah Casey profile image77
      Norah Caseyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I used to live out there. I dont know what part of chandler you are in, but the best bars that I know of are: Iguana Macks and Dos Gringos between Warner and Ray on Alma School. Personally I prefer Iguana Macks. Fibber Magee's is also fun, especially on St Patty's day.

The best food in the world outside of my mother's kitchen is Chino Bandito on Chandler and Dobson. Mexican chinese food. The Jade Red Chicken with cheese quesadilla will be my last meal.

As for stuff to do... well, note that there were three bars on my list. There isn't much to do in Arizona. Someone recommended Mill ave, which is near the ASU campus and has a very big university campus atmosphere. I don't much care for it, but you might enjoy it. Just don't drive down there on Saturday night. It's impossible to park and there are a lot of drunk drivers.

1. profile image0

wow thank you ... we live on the chandler/mesa border ur info really helps

1. Norah Casey profile image77
          Norah Caseyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not a problem! Welcome to HubPages smile

1. profile image0

ty

8. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 7 years ago

Maybe I should move to Chandler?  wink

1. profile image0

Hokey, you be nice now, lol

1. Hokey profile image60
        Hokeyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes mam.   hmm

9. flread45 profile image83
    flread45posted 7 years ago

Go quail hunting,lots of them there.::smile

1. profile image0

ewww no lol i dont like guns and i couldnt kill an animal

1. Sab Oh profile image61
        Sab Ohposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, you obviously could...

1. profile image0

what does that mean

10. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago

lol

11. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Sorry cannot help. I live in Northeast of U.S. in Massachusetts. smile

12. wannabwestern profile image89
    wannabwesternposted 6 years ago

We lived in chandler for a while and later moved to Surprise. Do you have kids? Are you looking for grown up or kids' stuff?

Free: Chandler has some really nice city parks and a top notch library system. Better than I've seen in some other parts of Arizona. It is an affluent area and the city has a lot to offer that way. My favorite park is Desert Breeze. It has a free splash park (where you can put on your swim suit and splash around.)

For more cultural things to do, you should venture out of Chandler and explore the downtown arts district, the new Musical Instrument Museum in Northern Phoenix, etc.

Nearby in Queen Creek there's a medieval fair that comes through town in February/March.

working