jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Just a suggestion for a trip to California

1. 60
    TravSimpleScottposted 6 years ago

California offers some amazing attractions and some breath-taking views. If you haven�t taken a trip out here yet you should stop and consider planning your next vacation here. It does not have to be as expensive as it sounds. You can enjoy the best of what this state has to offer even on a tight budget. Making the train part of your plans really helps to cut down on cost and stress. Amtrak California has routes that travel up and down the coast and into the heart of the state. See the City by the Bay and then climb your way up to the mountains.

2. mikelong profile image83
    mikelongposted 6 years ago

And then come to see where your goods mostly come from....the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach....

Come see the city that Big Business built.........if you want a tour hit me up...

1. 60
      TravSimpleScottposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I admit I have only been to Long Beach once, so what is there to see down there? Besides the port?

3. mikelong profile image83
    mikelongposted 6 years ago

Besides the ports?  Honestly....San Pedro is a world wonder.....it really is......the best ports money can buy and cheap labor can build.....and home to the largest container facility on the planet..Pier 400.........

There is the Aquarium of the Pacific and other attractions......but if you want to check our national barometer in terms of our economy....those ports are where to look....they have some great tours set up too that aren't too pricy........

But, if you follow the rail lines from San Pedro, along the Alameda Corridor, you will find the major intermodal facilities for BNSF and Union Pacific in the City of Commerce.......with goods headed for markets across the nation, and carrying merchandise headed for Europe as well......

4. TINA V profile image81
    TINA Vposted 6 years ago

I enjoyed my trip to California at the Aquarium of the Pacific, Long Beach (You can check out my hub.) I also had a great time at the Griffith Park Observatory.

Check it out!

5. Sherbet Penny profile image75
    Sherbet Pennyposted 6 years ago

Yosemite national park is a must, absolutely beautiful.

1. 60

I remember a few years back I took the backpack tour through Yosemite. AMAZING! My group started in Toulumne park and hiked up toward Young Lake and then back down to the valley. I don't remember the exact trail or the distance, but it was a wonderful experience. No tents, no cabins, and bear boxes for our food! What an adventure! I mean, the views were indescribable!

6. Daniel Carter profile image91
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

I'm heading to LA for business and pleasure next week....
    Always enjoy the get-away.

7. Write at Home profile image60
    Write at Homeposted 6 years ago

Take a drive on highway 1 from San Francisco to Santa Barbara. Beautiful!

8. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

If you play golf, you gotta go to Ojai.  Just above Ventura.
    Best courses in the state.

1. 60

Did you say golf? Every time I hear golf I think of Palm Springs. I think those courses are little (and by little I mean a lot) pricey for the average joe.