Old Mesopotamia

1. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 6 years ago

Should a 500 ft high wall, 100 ft thick be built around Old Mesopotamia blocking the egress, but not the ingress of both the Tigris and Euphrates rivers? This would fill that area with water, drown all pugnacious, warring human life and create a wonderful lake for bass and walleye fishing.

With good planning and the installation of massive generators, the south wall could be opened, and a controlled release of water could create electricity for areas surrounding Old Mes.

Ancillary businesses could be created if giant, grinding garbage disposal units were installed which would render all diverted "materials," suitable for processing, into a nutritious, hi protein "soylent green" pellet which could be transported to Africa and other nations where children are dying from starvation.

Think of the job building potential in the development of recreation areas like Dubai, within that wall, that could bring joy to vacationers, who could afford it, from every nation on earth..

The opportunities are endless!

That wall could be built for 2 - 3 trillion dollars. I think China should dedicate Americas debt to the realization of this project.

What do you think?

1. 0
      china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think the barbarians should leave the area that is the cradle of civilization and probably also the site of the mythical garden of eden.

2. mikelong profile image83
    mikelongposted 6 years ago

I think Haliburton/KBR want to hear from you..and their new lobbyist Dick Cheney will be ready to back your play...

or was that George H.W. Bush with Carslyle on behalf of QinetiQ?

Regardless, I hate the idea, but these guys would love it....