jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

1. RKHenry profile image78
    RKHenryposted 6 years ago

Just received this tweet,
    tsunami warning for HAWAII....EWA BEACH...let people know...approx four hours from now...moving towards HILO.....

that was sent at 11:50am CST

2. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

was there an earthquake?

1. RKHenry profile image78
      RKHenryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In Chili, but now there is a Tsunami heading for Hawaii. I don't know.  Kirstie Allie and Pres. Obama are sending warning tweets out about it.

1. 0
        Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Huh. Good thing its getting out, but, what about people who dont have twitter? I hope there is some sort of local alarm or something? My Aunt lives in CA

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image84
          ThoughtfulSpotposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Its all over the news, and there are warning systems in place.  Its the more remote locations, like Pacific islands that don't have a lot of "modern technologies" that are at the worst risk at the moment.  From what I've read, there is more warning than usual for this one, so people will have time to get to a safe location... but its harder to warn those that don't have tv, phone and a lot of the modern luxuries we take for granted.

3. TamCor profile image82
    TamCorposted 6 years ago

It's on the news...and I just saw it on CNN.com.

I guess it was an 8.8 magnitude earthquake in Chili.

4. Tom Cornett profile image62
    Tom Cornettposted 6 years ago

It's good that people are getting warnings out.

5. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago
  6. whiteorchids profile image73
    whiteorchidsposted 6 years ago

There is a warning for the following states I had seen it on the news this morning but like RK Henry said it is headed toward Hawaii.

States as follows:

British Columbia

If I missed any please add, this was on our news they also said that they Tsunami was supposed to arrived at appr. 2:19pm West Coast time that is frightening for so many I hope all will be o.k.

7. 0
    Miss Takeposted 6 years ago

so sad, more lifes will be lost