jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Playa del Carmen in the beggining

1. caballito profile image60
    caballitoposted 6 years ago

I remember when I was a kid and the only thing in Playa del Carmen was the store where my mom used to get crackers and cheese to eat while we wait for the ferry to cross to Cozumel by the way that was a home made sail boat. There was just jungle all around, wow! Time past and places change some times for the worst sometimes for the best, That is not the case in Playa, they have manage to create a city one of the fastest growing city's in the world, a harmonious community where all nationalities convert and live in peace with the locals and nature, Playa has a beautiful main street call La Quinta avenida, the 5th avenue, 12 years ago I used to cross from Cozumel to the mainland to party and enjoy the hippie atmosphere and back packers adventures stories that we all share at the beach while having a beer, the last bar or construction was the blue parrot a small bar at the end of the beach, not today! Now is a hot spot for good looking people, la quinta was a sand street and you couldn't walk to the blue parrot from the street that was jungle, today la quinta has top notch restaurants and cafes with international ambiance and lounges that remembers me of the Mediterranean resorts. I have to admit that i enjoy Playa del carmen either way the old and the new, the great palapas and boutique hotels give Playa a sense of the real Mexico, I invite you to Visit the Riviera Maya as the new comers call it, for me always will be playa.

2. Betty Reid profile image59
    Betty Reidposted 6 years ago

I went to Playa del Carmen when it was the cheap alternative to Cozumel.  I've heard it's changed dramatically, but I haven't been there since then.

3. 0
    StormRyderposted 6 years ago

There are some great places in Mexico, when I was 18 we went down to Mazatlan for three days, then to Playa for four days, what a week it was!!...It was a really fun trip and the people were very nice also.

4. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

It is very beautiful! I like the slower pace at Cozumel and the Mayan sites.smile