jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

Road Trip!

1. profile image0
    sophsposted 7 years ago

Hey lovely Hubber's! Hope you're all well!

I need your help!

Me and a few friends are thinking of travelling from the bottom of the U.K. right up to Scotland this Summer, I've always wanted to go on a road trip like they do in the films ha! (Obviously it won't last as long as they do in America lol) I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of nice places we should visit on the way, any good hotels/B&B's to stay in or any tips on the routes we should take etc etc.

Hope you can help, thankyoooouuu smile big_smile smile

1. thisisoli profile image59
      thisisoliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

York is definately worth a visit, sheffield is more industrial but has an amazing music scene, Leeds is pretty bleh to be honest, Edingburgh is a must!

1. profile image0
        sophsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Haha I know, I live in York smile oooo I went to go see Russell Howard in Sheffield in December smile Edingburgh it is then!

Thanks Oli! smile

2. waynet profile image51
      waynetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Your trip may last longer if you go coast to coast, I remember when I finished college I went on a backpacking trip around the whole of the UK and started off in Cornwall, whizzed right through to London and Manchester stopped off at home in Hull and carried on up through Scotland and back down to Wales and then home....a little bit foggy in between as we went to an all night rave in Wales and I was there wearing a white glove and blowing a whistle....can't recommend any B&B's or Hotels, cos this was 15 years ago...oh well a road trip sounds great...have fun!!

1. profile image0

Hahaha! That sounds like fun Waynet! Lol. Yeah that's a good idea the coast to coast thing, nicer scenery aswell! Thanks Waynet! smile

2. profile image0

How long did it take you?

1. waynet profile image51
          waynetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Around 3 months and few pubs later....

1. profile image0

yikes three months!! I only have 2 weeks! Aha! yikes

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Hey Sophs, I don't have any help for you on your trip, but did want to stop in your thread and see how you are doing today? and say "HI!" wink

1. Faybe Bay profile image85
      Faybe Bayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sophs! Cagsil! I am a HubNugget Winner! I am crying yes of course I will never get to sleep now! I got 24% of the vote in my category!!! How do you scream in Cyberspace! Yay! big_smile

1. profile image0

Wooooooooooooo!! Well done Faybe!! Congratulatiooonnnsss, and celebrattiioonnss!! Hehe tongue xo

2. profile image0

Hey Cags! I'm good thankyou, how are you? Well I hope smile big_smile

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Congratulations Faybe Bay! smile

1. Faybe Bay profile image85
      Faybe Bayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Cagsil. I was going to go to sleep and I just had to check my mail.

working