HubTrail around the world

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 114 discussions (176 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Ohma, you'll have to tell me what to do - I'm a puter tard!

1. Ohma profile image60
      Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Habee for the moment until I have the map laid out for the links just add "Hubtrail" tag to each oh the hubs you want to include.

2. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Hubtrail is fine I tend to read what isn't there a lot my mind kind of fills in the blanks for what I think I should be seeing. I will correct mine.

3. ReuVera profile image83
    ReuVeraposted 14 years ago

Thanks to Sufidreamer I got here and I am more than willing to participate, I have several hubs about Israel and about my Wisconsin and planning to write more. But I am so ignorant in technical aspect that I'll need some help to figure out how to arrange my participation in the project.... Have to think hard.....

4. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Very cool welcome. as i told Habee for now just add the tag Hubtrail to the hubs you want to include. we are still working on the actual link trail from hub to hub.

5. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I must be off to work now. I will catch up later. again thanks everyone for your help and support.

6. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

I can donate hosting space and the graphic work for an image map.

You can get a domain for 7.49 if you want one. alternately, I can also offer the group a subdomain at one of my unused sites.

When I dint respond to your email its partly because I would have suggested using external sites to link your hubs together and it would take a while to construct an answer.

Link all the hub together here - but to provide an easy and fun graphical interface one would need more design control then hubs offers.

sounds your like idea is really taking off!

7. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Where do we add "hubtrail"? D'uh?? (Told ya!)

Also, want me to contact hubbers about other parts of the world, too?

1. Ohma profile image60

Habee on your hub where it says add tag. type Hubtrail. It may take a few hrs. for it to show up in the feed.

And HELP my Pennsylvania Hub is not showing up even after 11 hrs or so!

8. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 14 years ago

If the hubtrail travels as far as India by any chance, I will be more than happy to chip in!

1. Tatjana-Mihaela profile image48
      Tatjana-Mihaelaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hubtrail travels everywhere...

9. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 14 years ago

I have some touristy hubs about Taiwan, though I am not living there now.

10. ethel smith profile image82
    ethel smithposted 14 years ago

Sufidreamer has pointed me in this direction. I would love to take part but remember I'm an oldie and hub trails and the like mystifie me.
    It is a week since my second cataract op and my eyes have just about settled. Let me know what I need to do please, someone. Perhaps sufidreamer would be so kind. Thanks all
    Peggy, premierjk and JayJay have some great local hubs also guys.

11. travelespresso profile image70
    travelespressoposted 14 years ago

This is a GREAT idea.  If you would like hubs from other places (than USA I mean), give me a shout?  I'd love to contribute.

I have published a few hubs and many many more ready to write on little known places or things to do in well known places.  I could write about - NZ, Australia and other places I've been to such as South East Asia (Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam) the Pacific Islands, Cuba etc? 

Good luck.

12. Tatjana-Mihaela profile image48
    Tatjana-Mihaelaposted 14 years ago

I will include my already written Hubs about Croatia (Europe), thanks to Sufidreamer who pointed me here.

13. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

This is great I am so pleased at all the responses. and yes we want the go round the world at hit as many places as we can.

Habee Yes You take care of spreading the word

I guess I need everyone that is participating with a Hum to send me an e-mail with a link to the specific hubs you want to use. so I can get a list together and start working out the link trail.

Sunforged I love that you are so willing to help you are the Best, but I need backlink lessons fast it would seem. I know we want to try and avoid 2 way links is that right? I am not sure subdomain verses domain but the truth is I really can not afford to put money into this just now so we may have to take you up on the subdomain offer>

1. Arthur Fontes profile image75
      Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have been working on one on the Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast house in my city.  I also wanted to do one on the Battleship Massachusetts.

How fast do you need the hubs?

14. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Arthur right now we are just asking that everyone:

1) put the Hubtrail tag into their Hub
    2) send me an E-mail with a link to the Hub so I can start working on the link trail
    and
    3) invite other Hubbers to participate.

When sunforged has more time We will work on his interactive map site to put them all together.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image75

Ok cool thanks.

15. travelespresso profile image70
    travelespressoposted 14 years ago

Great - I've just added another three to the WorldHubTrail - one hubs New Zealand(so that we in the antipodes get on the map!) about taking a DC3 flight over the city. 
    Another one is about learning to weave silk in Laos with local women.
    The third one's about a visit to a traditional market high in the mountains of Vietnam - Bac Ha.  Very few people ever go there.

Thanks Ohma for this - its inspiring.

16. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

That is fantastic. I am glad there are so many people into this. But remember to invite your hub friends to participate also.

17. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

I can help with Pennsylvania

1. Ohma profile image60

Mtsi that is great but check out mine first so we do not overlap on the attractions ok?

18. ethel smith profile image82

I have got quite a few travel hubs so will email later

19. ethel smith profile image82

Habee I am lost help lol

20. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I am sorry folks my work schedule is real screwy lately. it is now midnight in my neck of the woods and I just got home. I will be back on tomorrow for a little in the morning is Anyone needs to get with me about something they can always shoot me an e-mail.

If any one is having trouble with the tag here are directions on your hub where it says add tag. type Hubtrail. It may take a few hrs. for it to show up in the feed.

Sufi there seems to be something not working with the RSS feed. not sure what the trouble is.

21. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Sent you my hub, Ohma and put the feed onto my hub.  Thanks and let me know if you need any help!

22. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Thanks WS Right now mostly we just need writers to join. I have a good list to start but we have a long way to go to get the link trail I am hoping we can get, so spread the word and invite everyone to join.

23. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I have a hub on Marshall (Sonoma County, California) seaside  - and I will have others mainly in Sonoma - which borders the Pacific Ocean  - places like Bodega

if you want

are you assigning people to states - or can there be multiple people hubbing about California, for instance, and the Bay Area specifically?  -   I don't get to travel very far, is why I ask, but would be glad to add the HubTrails tag to mine.  Doubt if the places I would write about (i.e. Garden destinations and restaurants and beaches) would be duplicated, but want to be sure first.  Actually, what would it matter really if two or more hubbers write about the same place? right?  Everybody has a different experience and photos and sees it differently when they travel!

This is a great wonderful idea and HubPages should be very excited - makes it even more unlike any other writing site!

24. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Mega very good question and no I think we will not be picking specific hubs for each state I would just encourage you to send me you links so that I can start mapping.
    It will be great to have your hubs included.

25. salt profile image60
    saltposted 14 years ago

love doing a few touristy things. I would love to write on my area. At the moment Im in Melbourne Australia and I want to visit adelaide soon. Also other places and regional areas.

I had thought of a similar thing with a photo and it could then be made into a book.

Everyone takes a photo at the same time on a particular day, where they live and we make a book out of it.

Im happy to take part in your idea. Anyone interested in my idea, please contact me via my hubprofile.

I would also like to do a photo one on significant trees in anyones area.

26. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Salt Happy to have you join. are you anywhere close to Earnest? He also indicated that he would like to participate.
    I like your photo Idea but sadly I am no photographer. It sound like a cool book though. I hope many others will agree to join you.

27. ethel smith profile image82

Well I must be blind as well as dumb. I cannot find the TAG as you say

28. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Hi Ohma - Hope that you had a great weekend!

What is the problem with the Rss? If you want to shoot me a PM, feel free and I will have a look, although I am not the best with technical stuff sad

For those who were asking about tags: To any Hub that you want to include, add 'Hubtrail' as a tag.

Ethel - as an example, on your Whitby Hub, you have a box of tags, such as Whitby, Scarborough, Goathland etc. Type Hubtrail in the box there and add it to your tags.

To include the RSS Feed -

1) Go into 'Edit Hub'

2) At the top right, where you add text, picture and Amazon capsules, there is one for RSS. Add it.

3) Open the capsule by pressing edit, just as you do with text capsules.

4) Enter a title - something like 'Hubtrail' hubs

5) Where it says 'Feed Url' enter:

http://hubpages.com/tag/HubTrail/hot/?rss or

http://hubpages.com/tag/HubTrail/best/?rss

6) There is a little drop down menu saying 'number of Hubs to display' - set this to 8.

7) For display method, set to full description.

8) Save the capsule, check that 8 Hubs appear, and you are done editing!

Let me know if anything isn't clear and I will edit big_smile

1. Ohma profile image60

Thanks Sufi for the instructions
      Not sure what the bug is with RSS but as I said earlier only one of mine has been listed and from and from the response I am getting I think there should be more listed than there are.
      I have sent an E-mail to HP about mine but have not heard back from them.

1. Sufidreamer profile image78
        Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That certainly is strange - let us know how you get on with that one smile

29. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 14 years ago

Hi Sufidreamer, I have a few hubs which I want to add to Hubtrail. Mostly about places in India. Is it ok?
    Best Regards

Hi, SunSeven

I assume so, although it is Ohma's project - I'm just providing some technical support!  smile

1. SunSeven profile image61
        SunSevenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Sufi, I will add the tag and rss then?

2. Arthur Fontes profile image75

I just installed my first RSS feed.  Thanks Sufi.

30. Amanda Severn profile image94
    Amanda Severnposted 14 years ago

Hi Sufi, thanks for letting me know about this thread. I've got a few travel hubs including my one about Brighton, so I'll tag them to the Hubtrail. Thanks Ohma for the great idea!

31. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Sun Seven and Amanda Welcome both of you. If you could please send me an e-mail with links to the Hubs you are including i would appreciate it. Thanks for joining.

1. SunSeven profile image61
      SunSevenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Ohma for the welcome. I will mail you the links in a while.

Best Regards smile

2. Amanda Severn profile image94
      Amanda Severnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My e-mail is on it's way!

32. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

And / or should RSS subscriptions be used if you are linking to a specific Hubber or group of hubber in a specific area?

33. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

RTE you can add both feeds if you wish. there is also a third option. if you replace the word best or hot with latest in the URL then you will be giving exposure to the newly included hub in the feed.

I am trying to keep track of all the places we have covered so please e-mail links to any hub you include in the feed.

The problem with the latest tag is that we need to keep an eye out for spammers - we had a few on the 60DC challenge that used the tag to take advantage of our promotion work. They write three lines of crap about unrelated subjects and go to the top of the feed. That's why we stuck to 'best' and 'hot.'

There is a little more to the RSS than immediate publicity - there is an SEO advantage to having it, so all of the Hubs with the tag will be publicised, not just the best.

However, you will have to wait until next month for that one - that's when we do the promotion for the 60 day challenge and learn the techniques for maximizing traffic. I still have much to learn smile

Another thing that people could think about is grouping their Hubs - I have four Hubs about Greece and intend to write a Hub to act as the 'capstone.' If you did a general one about Pennsylvania tourism in general, you could then funnel traffic to your more specific Hubs. That might make your life easier for keeping track of links, too.

34. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Sufi we are thinking alike
    Did you get the reply I sent to you?
    Nice to know that about the Rss

35. salt profile image60
    saltposted 14 years ago

So, what do we do if we are in for this one. Hubtrails.... Umm should be fun.

1. Ohma profile image60

You just need to add the tag "Hubtrail" to your Hub include the RSS as Sufi indicated above and e-mail me with a link to your Hub(s).
      Welcome to Hubtrails.

36. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Just read it, Ohma - looking good. smile

I will elaborate in the e-mail, but having a hierarchy sounds great from an organizational viewpoint - it will let you delegate. I am not sure about working it in with SEO, so might see if Guru Sunforged is around later . I don't want to be one of the Hubbers who gives out 'expert' advice that causes people to waste a lot of time. big_smile

37. Faybe Bay profile image63
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

Okay, I can do something on Youngstown Ohio, and West Palm Beach Florida. Will take a few days, and Mrvoodoo has been to Thailand, I think. Has Earnestshub gotten in on this, he has a lot of travel hubs, I think. What about Sophs? I will email them and has Pinkylee gotten in, she could cover two states!

1. Ohma profile image60

Faybee glad to see you!!
      Yes earnest has offered and Habee is trying to organize the states but read through all the posts to see what you need to do to have your Hubs included when you publish them.

38. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I think it would help if I were an unemployed insomniac. big_smile
    And yes I could positively use some help with organizing the link trail. for the capstone Hubs. My husband just introduced me to a program called googly world that I am working on figuring out but I am one of the many computer dyslexics and it will take me a day or two just to figure out the software..

39. Faybe Bay profile image63

Well, first things first, the brain, in Pinky and the Brain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAfnbIrQTSk

I am an unemployed insomniac who just quit smoking, so I have some time on my hands! I will get something going with Pinkylee.

1. profile image0
      lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Faybe I was reading through this and caught your comment. Pinkylee is without internet right now and not sure how long that is going to be. She can see posts but not able to really respond well I think so she might miss this, she can check email via a phone link so try her there through her email here at hubs.

40. michifus profile image56
    michifusposted 14 years ago

Hi Guys, top idea

I have been planning on starting some travel hubs, so Ill start off with my home town of Barcelona, Spain.

Heavy workload this week so it may be the weekend. Ill email you once its up and running

Cheers Ohma

1. Ohma profile image60

Glad to have you can not wait to read your work!

41. Faybe Bay profile image63

Okay, I e-mailed a few and now I am going after some more.

1. Ohma profile image60

Really great Faybe I knew you would get excited about this project.

1. Faybe Bay profile image63
        Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Alright, I need a nap. I will be back, but I think you will find some responses over the course of the day. I will e-mail more later. I only slept two hours last night.

42. ethel smith profile image82

Sufi thanks for giving me a simple answer. So appropriate for a simple person like me lol. I shall get busy then

43. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 14 years ago

Missed this earlier, but I think it's an awesome idea and am going to go add the tag and RSS feed to some of my travel hubs right now!

44. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 14 years ago

I plan to do a sculpture trail hub on Brisbane

45. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Kerry, Better yourself, and Barry welcome aboard. Glad to have all of you!
    Lynn will you be joining as well?

46. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

I haven't decided yet. This week is super busy getting ready to leave for AZ this coming weekend. I know I will prob have something to write up on my visit with Pinky and the AZ area as I've never been past the Mississippi River but not sure about my own area. I'll prob consider it more when I get back.

47. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Very Cool! have fun with Pinky I know you will.

48. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Its going to be a blast and bittersweet too, lol. Not sure when we will be able to connect again. I'll see what I can't come up with though when I do return.

49. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

In an effort to help keep things organized for the External site I would like everyone who is planning on submitting more than one Hub to their area to write a capstone hub.

Sufi suggested this format and I agree I think it is the way to go.

My e-mail to Sufi - Sufi's Reply
    1) for the external site I think it might be best if people who have multiple Hubs in one general location (i.e. Habee and Georgia) to right a Hub that ties all subhubs together and then submit a link to the major primary Hub for the external link. I know this will work in the states but I am not sure how defined most other areas are. What do you think? This will not affect the RSS Hubtrail it will just make it easier to crate the external links.

1) The idea for writing the master hub is a good one - it will certainly work for Europe, Australia and India! For example, I would be happy to write a Hub about Greece - I will write a couple of paragraphs of blurb about tourism in Greece. I will then divide Greece into areas - Athens, Crete, the Peloponnese etc. - I can then write a short summary about each Greek Hub, with a link. This should really funnel traffic. If you look at the 60 Day Challenge Hublogs, you will see what I mean smile
    After that, I will include 10 links (with summaries) to nearby countries or areas with a Greek link - Croatia, Turkey, Israel, Italy (and Melbourne, Australia!)

Under that is the RSS feed and then the comments.

If we can get a UK Hubber to do the UK (maybe even England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland), that will help - I am pretty sure that Izzy could be persuaded to write about Spain.

2) I know this was my idea but I think it would be really cool if we could have a Hub written about HP and Company to use as a starting point. I know they are in Ca. somewhere but I do not know a lot about it and you are a much better writer than I am. I was hoping that you could do a sort of start here Hub With HP as the primary attraction.

As for point two - don't be so daft - you are a fine writer, although thanks for the praise and massaging my fragile writer's ego! I would be happy to write a Hub about HP, although I don't know much about the area (unless watching Dirty Harry films count!). I wonder if it is worth e-mailing Maddie or Jason about it - they might knock something together for you - it is free publicity for HP, after all, and might even make the HP blog. Even if people give me some good background information and links, I could then tie it all together, if needed.

Anyway, back to the grind - have lots of articles to write about Ancient Astronomy smile

Take it easy - it will all come good.

Sufi

1. kerryg profile image84
      kerrygposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cool. I would be happy to take care of a capstone hub for Nebraska and possibly Iowa, Colorado, Wyoming, and St. Petersburg, Russia as well, if there aren't natives from those areas who could do a better job.

50. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 14 years ago

Ohma I swear I'm trying, ok well, I will be and theirs lots of canuks here so.............YEH eh?

1. Ohma profile image60

Kimber Invite all the canuks it is a very large country!

2. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

we have lots of beavers up here

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)