jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

China travel plan

1. EJ Travel profile image61
    EJ Travelposted 6 years ago

May is the best to visit China, which destinations do you prefer and do you plan China trip during EXPO 2010 Shanghai?

1. fz0213fz profile image78
      fz0213fzposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Whoever is coming to China in May, I stongly recomend you to come to Beijing. O(∩_∩)O I can be your guide for free and show you to some places aside from traditional places like the Great Wall, Forbidden city and stuff. You can contact me if you decided.

2. lilian_sg profile image81
      lilian_sgposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't say it's best time or not. But if you are heading to Shanghai, do drop  by Suzhou and Hangzhou which is just nearby. They are worth visiting!

3. Aussieteacher profile image81
      Aussieteacherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are so many places to see in China - even with a lot of money and a lot of time you will not get around to see enough!  May has been awful weatherwise in the south - a lot of rain which hampers sight seeing.  This semester (yes, I am a teacher) I have been to Beijing, Hangzhou, Shanghai, Shangyu, Li'nan and parts between.  I am going to Xi'an to see the terracotta warriors and soon the Expo.

1. EJ Travel profile image61
        EJ Travelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We will get out of rain season around 08 July, at that time you can come to Shanghai and visit EXPO if you have enough courage to meet 0.3-0.5 million people everyday in EXPO area.. That's why I don't want to visit there so far.
        Welcome to Shanghai!  lol
        Xi'an is good choice to be visited!

4. fz0213fz profile image78
      fz0213fzposted 6 years ago

For whomever is coming to China in May, I stongly welcome you to visit Beijing and i volunteer to be your guide for freeO(∩_∩)O. I can show you some interesting places foreigners don't usually visit. you can just contact me if you decide to come.

1. kazemaru2 profile image60
        kazemaru2posted 6 years ago

Sounds great I hear the best cities are Guangzhou,Shanghai,and Beijing

2. telltale profile image79
        telltaleposted 6 years ago

Have been advised by friends that you need alot of patience visiting Shanghai Expo 2010, what with the waiting and all that. Not really sure whether May is a good time to visit China, especially the South.  Have mostly visited China around February and been to cities including Shanghai at that time of the year - not really that cold, except for Beijing.

1. alternate poet profile image74
          alternate poetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Most of China is best visited March to early July - end of August to the beginning of December.   January and February is cold and wet, July and August hot and humid in most places.

3. ocbill profile image75
        ocbillposted 6 years ago

You have to see the great wall for sure. My friend likes Shanghai.

4. Shane Gray profile image60
        Shane Grayposted 6 years ago

If you want to feel how it would if you lived in Antarctica, all you have to do is visit North-East China in the winter. It is super freezing cold, dry and windy. However, it remains very beautiful. Stay Warm!

5. derram profile image59
        derramposted 5 years ago

Hey, I work in Beijing, China at a hotel called Beijing Tangla Hotel.  I know lots of great places to go in Beijing.  I go out every weekend.  Tiananmen Square and the Great Wall are a must, but then you must also enjoy the night life.  The best areas in Beijing are the Eastern Areas, such as near the CBC.  Sanlitun is wonderful for shopping.  You can buy lots of cheap things at the Pearl Market and Yashow Market.  If you need a hotel room, I can book it for you, or if you have any other questions, feel free to write me an email or post on my hubpages. 

My email address is derr.amy@gmail.com

Enjoy your time in China!!!

1. onetourchina profile image61
          onetourchinaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Now Shanghai expo has finished, all the hotels and car rental businesses are all recovered to its original, so if you have a travel plan, maybe you can consider to come in China, wherever Shanghai, Beijing, Xian or Sanya...