jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

Singapore - Any ideas.....

1. travelespresso profile image82
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

I'm off to Singapore for a few days.  Does anyone have any ideas about what to see and do there?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

no...but i'm envious...hope it's a good time...

2. prettydarkhorse profile image66
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wrote a hub about Singapore, it is a small city state and very accessible with train and taxi,

Bangkok is beautiful and the temples are awesome, shopping galore

2. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Check the Noodles Kiwi lol

1. travelespresso profile image82
      travelespressoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sure thing PD...I've been eating plenty of those here - actually I'd like a change!!!

3. travelespresso profile image82
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

Any ideas anyone - good places to see, eat, shop etc?

1. lilian_sg profile image82
      lilian_sgposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have quite a number of hubs on Singapore including one on an off-the beaten path attraction, Pulau Ubin! Check it out..

4. profile image61
    cj_liuposted 6 years ago

hi!i hope my reply isn't too late yet, i was in singapopre a week ago, we stayed there for a couple of days, and damn, there are sure a lot of places to go to. We went to Sentosa Island, where Universal Studios recently opened. The place has Ocean park, Cable ride. You might want to watch their laser show held every night called "Songs of the Sea" for S$10. Don't forget to try their well known singapore chicken rice, i love it! There's a place called Bugis Street where you can buy cheap but good quality souvenirs, and a nearby shop called Samlin, for electronic stuff. There's a bird park called Jurong Bird park located at Jurong East. Nice place to see. They also have Singapore Zoo, and Night Safari which opens at 7pm. by the way, Singapore Zoo & Night Safari are located in one place. You won't get lost in Singapore, the people there are really nice,.you can also take mrt stations without any hassle. Have a safe flight and I hope you'll have fun as much as I did! :-)I'd love to visit Singapore again soon!

5. tobey100 profile image59
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

Been there several times.  Get a taxi and cruise the place.  It's incredible.  Don't miss the zoo!!!

6. myownworld profile image81
    myownworldposted 6 years ago

I once booked a 10 day holiday to Singapore. Within 2 days I had seen everything in the city -  from one end to another! The only thing left was the great (and very cheap) shopping to do. I tried so hard to find something to do, it was exhausting! Day 5, I was pulling my hair out of boredom! big_smile

p.s. am posting this in the hope that the OP has already left for the trip; don't want to ruin it for her! wink

1. profile image0
      Non-offensiveUserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I once saw a show about Singapore on the travel channel.  I think I made it through maybe half of the show before I got bored and watched something else.

1. myownworld profile image81
        myownworldposted 6 years ago in reply to this

smile well, it all depends on individual tastes... I personally love places with a little more 'character' to them, if you know what I mean. But Singapore is great for a weekend holiday. On the other hand, I fell in love with Thailand....

1. profile image0

The only thing I know about Thailand is that it's the place to be if you want to be part of the under age sex trade.  Much past that, I think they have a cool beach or something there too.

lol... no, there's much more to it. It has such a fascinating culture - that's what drew me to it in the first place: it's unique color and flavor to everything. Maybe, in another life, I'll take you with me... show you some amazing bazars and places... I know you'll love it! smile

1. profile image0

I knew there had to be more to it than that.

big_smile

7. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Have a few Singapore slings! And please take lots of pics and put them in a hub!

8. tobey100 profile image59
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

Ditto.  Can't wait to see the pics.

9. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Funny enough, I had posed a question in the "Answers" section asking for Singapore attractions and someone just answered it yesterday by writing the following hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Tourist-Destina … r-Holidays

working