jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

South Carolina, USA?

1. W. Christopher profile image73
    W. Christopherposted 6 years ago

Are there any active Hubbers that live in South Carolina?

1. Chaotic Chica profile image83
      Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I believe there are a few (I'm one of them).

2. FrankiesGirl6Yr profile image80
    FrankiesGirl6Yrposted 6 years ago

I am smile, I have come accross several others..

3. W. Christopher profile image73
    W. Christopherposted 6 years ago

Nice to meet you both! smile Where in SC are you two? I'm about an hour or so outside of Charleston.

Hope to see more SC Hubbers happening by! smile

Hampton County

W. Christopherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cool. When's the Watermelon Festival?

Oh, and I used to know a couple of people over that way... Carolyn Hubbard Donahue (Dance Instructor) and The Powells (Opera Singers)... from way back... know 'em? smile

I'm still new to the area (only here three years) and I can't say as I do.  The festival technically starts tomorrow but the official kick-off is Monday!! It's here and we're all neck deep in watermelon fever! LOL smile

Well, Welcome Chaotic Chica! smile They're great people. Actually, Carolyn would be a great person to interview, if you ever get the chance. She's a terrific pro-Arts person. And, if you make it to the Watermelon festival (which it sounds like you will be), you'll most likely run in to her. I actually think Davis (the male Opera singer) has passed away, but his wife (I believe) is still around. She's a phenomenally talented woman.

Hope the Watermelon festival is a great success for your area's economy! smile

HAVE FUN - Oh, and don't swallow the seeds! They'll sprout a Watermelon in your stomach! smile

2. FrankiesGirl6Yr profile image80
      FrankiesGirl6Yrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Opps Kinda behind....I live about 20 minutes from Charleston. Hmmmm and you, an hour from charleston. I read your profile and it's a big mistory. I'm gonna check the choices and come back and guess....

3. FrankiesGirl6Yr profile image80
      FrankiesGirl6Yrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is it Bowman or St. George???

Are you Summerville/Ridgeville area?

Nope. St. George may have a few more stop lights in it than where I am and Bowman is not where I dwell, either. tongue

Good try. You lose. tongue

1 (count it - one) more guess. You've had two. big_smile

4. FrankiesGirl6Yr profile image80
    FrankiesGirl6Yrposted 6 years ago

Well I need more hints then. You know how many towns have one stop light in SC? A LOT!!!! Is St. George going in the right direction? Or is toward Cottageville? That's not an answer.....Just part of a question..

working