jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Another Tornado!

1. Aficionada profile image91
    Aficionadaposted 7 years ago

Once again, just like last night, I had to interrupt my Hub- learning to stay safe from what they called a "wall cloud of rotation" or something like that.  The radio gave a play-by-play:  It was seen first in X-ville at six-oh-five; it will be in Y-ville at 6:10 and in Z at 6:20.  Etc.  Etc.  They also said that this one was actually on the ground.

We sat on the inside staircase and listened to about an hour of NWS ... and local weather ... and local radio ... and sheriff's department reports, sure this was the Big One.  But it passed us by, as all of the others have.  [And honestly, I am glad.  Just not sure my family will be so willing to "Go to a safe place NOW," the next time we get a tornado warning.]  All we got was the eerie silence right at the time it was predicted to pass through our neighborhood.  And no rainbow this time.

Was anyone else here affected by it?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Fellow Hoosier here; hello Aficionada!
      We kept a close eye out;  thought of going to the basement, but it wasn't too bad here; sirens went off tonight and last night;
      Indiana's notorious for tornados.

2. Aficionada profile image91
    Aficionadaposted 7 years ago

Woo-hoo!  BD! We may actually cross paths sometime!

Yep.  We've had our share of watches and warnings, and this is the right time of year, isn't it?

This sounds like you all are all right, and I'm glad to hear that.  I hope you will continue to stay safe.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The same to you. smile

working