jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Thinking outside the Box...

1. maven101 profile image75
    maven101posted 6 years ago

Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports.

Have a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on your body.
        It would be a win-win for everyone, and there would be none of this crap about racial profiling. This method would eliminate a long and expensive trial.  Justice would be quick and swift.  Case closed!
        I can see it now: you're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention standby passengers: We now have a seat available on flight number..."
        Works for me!

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol lol lol  I love it!  Don't guess there would be much thinking inside that box......

1. maven101 profile image75
        maven101posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Haw !!..Kind of like the Roach motel...you check in, but you don't check out...

2. surf traveler profile image86
    surf travelerposted 6 years ago

That's a great solution. Two months ago when traveling with my son, we had such a horrible screening process. The security guy at the metal detector was a bully to everyone going through. The system in place right now makes traveling by plane so much more difficult than in the past.

3. RogerAD profile image60
    RogerADposted 6 years ago

To be honest, I don't think that is really all that bad of an idea, although from a technical standpoint it probably wouldn't be possible.

I have been lucky enough to not have to travel through one and will probably look towards alternate forms of transportation...

4. Peter Hoggan profile image85
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

I don't have a problem with that, although the cleaning staff might.

5. 0
    Kathryn LJposted 6 years ago

Brilliant!  It would make the screening process so much quicker.  Last time I flew the security team tried to dismantle the metal heels of my motorbike boots and I was hand frisked twice.  I would have been happy to step in the box and prove that I was not a security risk.  (In the UK, there are plenty of people who would be happy to work as cleaners in the 'Blow up Booth'.)

1. Peter Hoggan profile image85
      Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I prefer the term Boom Box!