jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)

Potterheads are you interested in the Harry Potter Themepark

1. ceciliabeltran profile image85
    ceciliabeltranposted 6 years ago

I'm sorry to my six year old. But we are not going to bore ourselves to yet another princess day in Florida. I have to see the Harry Potter Themepark and get myself a stupid wand from Olivander's. Try the every flavor beans (although I have a feeling there will be no bugger flavors there) and many many more! Who's planning to go soon?

1. Rafini profile image81
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

sad  waahaaa!!   I"m too far away, in school and unemployed!  I can't go anytime soon!  waahaaa!!

ceciliabeltranposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh, I'm so sorry. Have you read all the books including the new ones. I was so sad when I finished reading the last book. So I have to go. I don't care about the economy. I have to be the first one there.

I am pretty sure it will stay for a while especially the movie is not out yet.

1. Rafini profile image81
          Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

omg yes!  lol  finished the book in less than 24 hours - had to stay up all night to read it after I got home, even though I had to go to work that weekend.  (can't remember now, but I think I had the immediate day after off)

ceciliabeltranposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That was my total priority for seven years or so. The last book I got I was in Prague and it opened at night in a small bookstore in the Old Town. It was so great because there was a choir of 11 year old boys singing by the square as I was reading it. It was a memorable first few pages....and now it's a world I can actually visit!

2. Alisha2010 profile image59
    Alisha2010posted 6 years ago

Not even a huge Harry Potter fan, and I'm dying to go! It looks so magical. Has anyone been yet?

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I haven't been, but do want to go since it is so close. Bill Manning has written some review hubs with pics as he lives in Orlando.

3. 59
    CassandraCullenposted 6 years ago

I want to go so badly but i have no money and i dont want to go alone but if all that was sorted out i would be on the next plane out. then heading straight to the three broomsticks for a warm butterbeer..mmmmm that sounds so good right now

4. robie2 profile image91
    robie2posted 6 years ago

I am not usually much for theme parks, but I think that the Harry Potter one sounds dellicious and I don't have young children.  I've read and enjoyed several of the books and loved the movies too--this "muggles" woman is a fan

5. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I was just on a camping trip with people from the Grey School of Wizardry, and someone brought along a recipe for butterbeer that imitates what they make at the theme park and we made some on two different nights.

Incredibly sweet (almost too sweet) but delicious.

1. 0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Would love to hear about the old growth forest that you camped out in - hope there might be a hub.

When you described it another topic, I was very jealous of your outing!

6. stephhicks68 profile image84
    stephhicks68posted 6 years ago

I wrote a review of the Harry Potter Park after chatting with my nephews who went a few weeks after it opened.

If you are interested: http://hubpages.com/hub/harry-potter-theme-park-orlando

Cheers, Steph

7. fashionforward profile image59
    fashionforwardposted 6 years ago

Wasn't there a little spat about the mayor of London being disappointed that they didn't have an HP park around there? Maybe we Americans are just happier to spend our cash on that kind of thing than the Europeans (seeing as Disney Paris is a flop...).

8. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

I'd love to go, but it's been busy.  I'm hoping next year I can get away.  And I'm not even a potterhead.

9. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

What, Harry was a pothead?

10. PegCole17 profile image89
    PegCole17posted 6 years ago

I'm definitely a Potter fan, although I'm madly in love with Sirius Black (so tragically misunderstood. . .)

Hope to visit Orlando's Theme parks and Harry Potter world in the near future. Haven't been on vac in several years - waaaaay overdue.

11. talfonso profile image89
    talfonsoposted 6 years ago

I've been there twice! I totally dig Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey - my favorite part of the ride is the Forbidden Forest, with all those spiders! (Discretion is advised for arachnophoebes!)