jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

What is your favorite place to vacation?

1. Denise Handlon profile image88
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

School is out and it is the summer season in N. America.  The time when most families vacation.  Do you have a favorite place that you revisit?  Or, one that you visited just once, but have fond memories of?

1. profile image0
      Phoebe Pikeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have always loved Bar Harbor. I have a hub showing pictures of it if you'd like to see it.

Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sure, Phoebe Pike, share it with everyone.

2. justom profile image51
        justomposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Phoebe you are right but I'll go a step further and say the whole state of Maine. I went last fall and now want to move there. Peace!!

2. Denise Handlon profile image88
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

My favorite vacation spot is the little island in Lake Huron, Michigan.  It is a tourist trap, so vacationers beware.  I fell in love with Mackinac Island when I was 18.  Now that I live in N.C. I drive to the ocean and enjoy the water.  Interesting that I was born under a 'fire' sign, because I love all types of activities that have to do with the water.

1. profile image0
      Phoebe Pikeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe opposites attract? Fire to water, I mean.

3. profile image0
    Precious Williamsposted 6 years ago

My favourite place for a vacation is home. For me there's nothing to top that.  And yes before someones says it - I am sad!

Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL!  You aren't sad, P.W.  Just 'comfortable'.  Sometimes, there is no better place than home, (as Dorothy found out).  Happy chillin'

4. CYBERSUPE profile image60
    CYBERSUPEposted 6 years ago

I am a strong believer in FAMILY vacations and my favovite vacation is camping with my children (5) and my grandchildren (12) at Assateague National Seashore Park near Ocean City, Maryland.  Family camping sites are right on the ocean beach. Awesome!

5. tobey100 profile image59
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

Orange Beach Alabama.  Not alot to do, not too many sites to see, just beach and rest.  Perfect.

6. ExpandYourMind profile image91
    ExpandYourMindposted 6 years ago

I like trying new places.  I really enjoyed San Diego and Coronado.  I visited in late fall and the weather was perfect (for me 75-80s).  There's lots to do and see.

working