jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Brisbane - Best place in Australia?

1. heohongtham profile image73
    heohongthamposted 6 years ago

I have lived here for more than 1 year. Its wonderful weather: not to hot in the summer and not too cold in the winter.
    What do you think?

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

It all depends where you come from, I think.  I find Brisbane far too hot and sticky in the summer. 

In fact, I even find Sydney too hot in the height of summer!  However, I agree with you that winter in Queensland is nice and balmy.

3. ilmdamaily profile image92
    ilmdamailyposted 6 years ago

Brisbane's nice.

I grew up there for a bit, and lived there for a couple of years.

But Marisa is right - it's too hot! Winter is nice, yes, but the humidity is just a bit much for me:-)

Having said that, it's got one of the best cultures of any of the cities in Australia. It's safer than Sydney, and has way less w@ankers than Melbourne.

It's basically like a big country town that just happens to be a city. I also love that it's on the river.

Whereabouts in vegas do you live? Without ruining your privacy of course;-)

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Steady on! Melbourne is my home town.

It has an average number of wankers as has Brisbane.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image79
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Melbourne - Cosmopolitan, enduring, great weather, great sights, great sports, wonderful people and rated most often in the top ten for 'World's Most Liveable City'

1. earnestshub profile image87
          earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We may have to open that thread on Melbourne again! lol

1. 70
            logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just don't bring up the banana benders! smile

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image79
              Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The United People's Republic Of Melbourne one???? I believe we must Earnest! big_smile

4. TerryGl profile image61
    TerryGlposted 6 years ago

I live in Hervey Bay. Brisbane is a great place, three hours down the road. We often go there and stay in a Hotel and look around town. There is so much to see and do.

5. wytegarillaz profile image41
    wytegarillazposted 6 years ago

I lived in Brisbane for a while . It is a nice place, however I prefer a smaller place near the beach to get the sea breeze on a hot day.
    I found it too hot there in summer & too far to the beach , pools were to crowded to swim.
    We are looking forward to exploring Coral Bay in WA !!

6. 70
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

Wherever BP lives has got to be the best place!

7. Tusitala Tom profile image89
    Tusitala Tomposted 6 years ago

Best city in Australia is undoubtedly its oldest: Sydney!  I'm biased.  It's my home town.   For little places, Byron Bay, Crescent Head, Port MacQuarie, Coffs Harbour are all good.  If you want reasonably warm rather than roasting hot, and reasonable cool, not freezing, you do need to live within a mile of so of the ocean, preferably on a hill.   

However, Australia has a excellent climate compared with many places.  Just check out the weather over a typical year, and pick out a place, if you're thinking of holidaying.

1. alternate poet profile image74
      alternate poetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is really good to know - where exactly is Oztralia on the map ?  is it that little island near good ole New Zealand ?

8. Kangaroo_Jase profile image79
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago

googlemaps is your friend big_smile