jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

I'm Moving To San Antonio

1. figment profile image76
    figmentposted 6 years ago

I'm leaving Corpus Christi, TX and moving to San Antonio in a few weeks.  I haven't even visited the city since I was a little girl.  Any suggestions?  Comments?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi, figment, I have never been to that area, am from Dallas, rmcrayne another hubber is from there

1. Fluffymetal profile image78
        Fluffymetalposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I was born in Dallas

thats good, how will you differentiate Dallas from your place now? Corpus Christi

2. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good Luck and Walk with eyes open. wink lol

3. bwaltman profile image60
      bwaltmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

San Antonio is great!  Check out my Texana web page.  Went there just a couple of weeks ago--eat at the river walk.  All kinds of cuisine to choose from.  See the Alamo--take any visitors there with you, before you grow accustomed to the atmosphere.  We took some friends who had never been, had a great time.

4. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
      Kimberly Bunchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Be safe.

smile

2. figment profile image76

Dallas is too big... Corpus is too salty... the only thing I like about the beaches is that you can drive and camp on them, but they are not very pretty

ok then at least there's a beach, I miss beaches. Here I go to the lakes, just ten minutes away. And yes Dallas is big, but not as big as what I am used to it, just right for me.

You might want to email rmcrayne. I need to go figment, bye for now.

3. Aiden Roberts profile image86
    Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago

Good for you
    Sadly I don't know where it is but wish you all the best.

4. Sundaymoments profile image81
    Sundaymomentsposted 6 years ago

You like it I live here at have had pretty good luck have had a lot of fun! However get prepared for the heat!! Look forward to you coming down!!~~

1. figment profile image76
      figmentposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You live in SA

5. thisisoli profile image56
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

You will ahve a lot of fun, I live down thr road in Austin and it seems to be a pretty relaxed fun part of the state!

6. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

I love San Antonio figment!  I've written a hub about SATX and Hill Country travel, and LBJ State and National Parks.  Also my 'Things I like to do at Christmas' is a lot of SATX and Hill Country stuff. 

I love the Majestic Theater downtown.  I really enjoy Hill Country day trips to Gruene, Wimberly, Fredericksburg, Johnson City, etc. 

This 2nd time moving here, I decided to be further from Lackland and nearer to Hill Country highways, so moved near IH-10. I'm about 20 min closer when I want to go to someplace like Gruene.

7. figment profile image76

Thanks!!

8. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

I only visited San Antonio but I thought it was a very nice place.  I really loved the RiverWalk and the Alamo is very special.

working