jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Hostage Taking

1. emievil profile image83
    emievilposted 6 years ago

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_philippin … BpbmVzYg--

I just want to say that I pray for the victims and their families. I fear that a lot of people will not look kindly at us because of what happened but I really hope one man's actions will not affect our whole nation.

1. 70
      OddyDahBodyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hi, im a filipina too. i also feel bad.. really bad w/ what happened. i feel for those who died. i mean, how can one stupid person ruin the lives of so many people, his own family and his own country? and its not looking so good for our economy and country's image.after the maguindanao tragedy, here we are again with all the world's lenses looking at us like we really proved to them we are a country of terrorists and deranged people. sigh. at napakabagal ng mga police, maybe they should be trained by the Americans, just so they won't go waiting for 11 hours hoping for the suspect's surrender which never came. and did they ever tried to cordone the area??wla bang crowd control?? hay nko. really bad business. wla na.. i feel bad for our country.

2. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

I believe that a lot of the world will feel the tragedy along with you all.  I think that instead of blame, most people will experience sympathy or compassion for the nation and especially for the victims and their families.

3. 70
    OddyDahBodyposted 6 years ago

im still proud that im a filipino. and i wouldnt trade my nationality for anything else in the world. just that, certain things happen which seem to frustrate even us filipinos.. the news.. just so depressing all these things are happening.. just hoping we'll get over this issue soon.. mabuhay ang pilipinas.

4. Maria Cecilia profile image79
    Maria Ceciliaposted 6 years ago

This is a sad experience...for those who came here expecting a happy vacation and then it happened....I am sad for Philippines too.. But I still believe in time healing the wounds... I still dont want to lose hope in my country...