jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)

Romantic cities

1. 0
    miolunaposted 6 years ago

What is the most romantic you have ever visited?

1. Castlepaloma profile image26
      Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Quebec City, the first city in North America and well preserved, yes... French is the language of love and a few women I met were too.

2. Shinkicker profile image91
      Shinkickerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's hard to argue against the classic choices like Venice and Paris.

But I'll chip in for Edinburgh in Scotland. If the weather is nice :-)

2. Research Analyst profile image78
    Research Analystposted 6 years ago

I know the most romantic city I would like to go travel to, which would be Vienna because Art and culture have a long tradition in Vienna, including theater, opera, classical music and fine arts.

1. 0
      miolunaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you. Vienna is very beautiful city.

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...Paris...would love to see Vienna as well as many other cities in Europe with lots of culture, architecture and art...

1. artsandlearning profile image61
      artsandlearningposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I am totally agree with you. If i got an opportunity i would also love to go Paris. Paris itself is promoted as the city of love. It really is a city of lovers for sipping coffee at cafe, the rich food etc. etc. whatever you do, you really can't go wrong in Paris, where everyone's a romantic and everyday seems magical.

4. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

definitely Paris..

5. sid_candid profile image59
    sid_candidposted 6 years ago

There are several beautiful cities around the world which are ideal for romantic couples. In my opinion its a toss up between Paris and Vienna. But Paris may just win with wine, music and classic french food.

6. Jaynie2000 profile image85
    Jaynie2000posted 6 years ago

I think perhaps Santorini or Venice. Just reading these travel hubs has me so eager to travel!

7. rbjllj profile image61
    rbjlljposted 6 years ago

I would love to go Venice or Paris.

8. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

I would have to say Prague or Budapest, but it has been ages since I've been to either one.  They may have changed too much by now.

9. Denise Handlon profile image88
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

I have been to many cities in North America and Europe.  By far, my favorite Romantic City is Venice.  I would love to return there one day.

10. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Rome is a very romantic city, with its parks, fountains, Roman ruins and old churches.  Good ice cream as well!

11. Happyboomernurse profile image90
    Happyboomernurseposted 5 years ago

I think Savannah, Georgia in springtime when the many magnificent trees are in bloom is very romantic. You can take a horse and buggy ride through the historic section, or take a riverboat ride.

12. Daniel Carter profile image91
    Daniel Carterposted 5 years ago

Depending on who you're with, any city can be romantic. But some of my favorites are New York City at Christmas, London anytime, Los Angeles in the summer, Florence anytime, Napa Valley in May, Hood River and Portland, OR in the spring. But there are so many more as well...